Vocally is a proudly Canadian startup with global ambitions, based out of Vancouver and is on a mission to democratize voice processes in the SMB segment. Ushering in agent augmentation and Voice automation in ways and places not imagined before. We are looking for a DevOps Support Engineer to help us build and deploy functional systems that improve employees' customers' experience.
DevOps Engineer responsibilities include deploying product updates, identifying production issues, implementing integrations, carrying out cloud and system deployments, and handle support regarding these systems. This role is heavily dependent on Microsoft Azure Environment so If you have a solid background in scripting, PowerShell, Bash, and Windows servers, and are familiar with software engineering and agile development, we would like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately, efficiently, and securely.
- Implement integrations across different systems.
- Deploy updates and fixes.
- Stay up to date with any security concerns and setup monitoring systems to gather and observe the overall systems and networks status.
- Monitor and stay-ahead of system billing needs.
- Build tools and scripts to reduce the occurrences of errors, automate system deployment, and improve overall process experience.
- Develop software tools to integrate with back-end systems.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors and internal system failures.
- Investigate, support, and resolve team members with technical issues regarding internally used software.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Build tools and scripts to streamline and automate internal processes.
- Proven work experience as a DevOps Support Engineer or similar software engineering roles.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure Environment, Azure integrations, and deployment of its virtualization suite.
- Experience working with and deploying MERN and LAMP projects.
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL) or NoSQL document-oriented databases (MongoDB, Firebase, DynamoDB)
- Thorough understanding of agile frameworks such as Scrum.
- Self-motivated and fast self-learner. Adaptable to changing environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Resourcefulness, troubleshooting and problem-solving aptitude.
- Team player and desire to strike change.
- Attention to detail.
- Optional: Bachelor's degree (or relevant verifiable experience) in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- Advantageous: Domain knowledge of Call Centers, IT / Software Services / Development and experience in developing software solutions as well as human-executed solutions.
- A PC/Laptop with a minimum of 8GB of RAM and Windows 10 installed.
- An internet connectivity with minimum of 50MBPS.
- A quite working environment with a dedicated desk.