Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
As Fastly’s Director - Internal Audit, you will help centralize our existing internal audit and controls testing into an overarching strategy, designed to help us optimize our processes and derive value from analyzing and acting upon audit results. Your work in establishing, maintaining, and advocating for our internal audit program will help Fastly better meet the related obligations we have as a public company, as well as anticipate and understand risks associated with key financial, operational, and technology processes. This role will report to the Senior Director of Compliance and will receive program and project management support from the Compliance Operations team.
- Develop and evolve Fastly’s internal audit strategy, including centrally coordinating and prioritizing tests of Fastly’s SOX controls and security and compliance controls of our edge cloud platform
- Coordinate internal auditing and controls testing procedures with various Fastly departments, as well as third parties that provide audit outsourcing or co-sourcing support. Build and cultivate positive, collaborative relationships with these groups to optimize audit processes and engender trust
- Oversee, review, and (as needed) perform audit work assignments and evidence collection for internal audit projects. Confirm and clarify the intent, procedures, and evidence required to those involved in an audit
- Document assessments of internal audit findings, potential exposures, materiality, trends, and recommended actions at both micro and macro levels. Rely on knowledge of key business and audit partners to improve the value of such assessments
- Liaise with external auditors in communicating and discussing internal audit results, findings, and remediation efforts, as well as external audit procedures conducted for the same controls. Understand and manage external auditor expectations to help improve the audit experience for all involved parties
- Help prepare or deliver documentation and presentation material related to the internal audit program, tailoring content and communication to the intended audience, including Fastly’s Audit Committee, as needed
What We're Looking For
- Significant professional experience comprising combination of audit, compliance, or risk management, including experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm
- Proven experience building, evolving, and reporting on internal audit programs
- Experience managing audit work of internal team members and external partners
- Ability to develop influential relationships based on mutual respect, trust, and collaboration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent analytical skills, and attention to detail
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration strongly preferred
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in ANY of these:
- Using GRC tools for managing controls documentation and mappings to authoritative sources
- Tracking audit assignments and work via enterprise-grade project management software (e.g., Atlassian Jira)
- Auditing information systems or security controls (supplementary to your core financial or operational audit experience)
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.