AppFollow is a mobile application management platform for app monitoring, ASO, and review processing. Our main goal is to ease the everyday routines of app developers, product managers, marketing teams, customer support etc. AppFollow is a platform we bring to our users all around the globe so they can become more productive and grow their app’s businesses using our products.
AppFollow is headquartered in Helsinki, but the whole team works remotely. At present, our company boasts a cadre of more than 80 experts operating from 10 countries, including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Finland, Ireland, United Kingdom, Poland, Czech Republic, Rumania and Kazakhstan.
About the Marketing Team
The Marketing team is growing to be able to deliver the ambitious growth plans of AppFollow.
We work with people across the business so you will have excellent communication skills to transfer knowledge to a range of people across marketing, product, sales, and customer success.
As a team we are responsible for taking our products to market, helping businesses understand where we add value to them, and ultimately generating interest and demand that turns into revenue for AppFollow. We are always on the look-out for new ways of driving growth and are looking for people who can contribute to AppFollow’s success.
We’re building a team of bright, talented and ambitious people with a can-do attitude. If this sounds like you, read on.
About the Role
As AppFollow’s first content manager, you will play an essential role in educating both new and existing audiences on the benefits and value of AppFollow and its platform. You’ll be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content that will help us achieve business growth, raising awareness of AppFollow and understanding how people engage with that content.
Ideally, you will have experience producing content for B2B enterprise audiences. You’ll be creative and can work to deadlines, while your attention to detail is second-to-none. You’ll be an expert in content optimization, understand the need for brand consistency, and create positive experiences for those key audiences engaging with our content.
You will be able to think analytically as well as creatively. Your role will include understanding performance of our content and use this to inform content direction - planning for a mix of content formats that help the right people find us, engage them, and convert and nurture them.
In this role, you will be responsible for content planning and maintaining a content calendar and pipeline. You’ll align these with wider marketing activities and work with others to ensure deadlines are met. You’ll build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, including freelancers where additional or specialist skills are required.
- Plan and produce original content that resonates with specific audiences and helps us achieve our business objectives
- Own the content pipeline, providing visibility of the content calendar to the team, to ensure we have a steady stream of content to fulfil needs of campaigns and expectations of potential customers as they move through their buyer journey
- Develop a content mix that encompasses a variety of formats (eg blogs, infographics, video) working with our in-house designer and external specialists when needed.
- Work with product marketing on the production of long-form content (reports, whitepapers, etc) which will include content that is used for lead generation
- Develop web content that aligns with the enterprise buyer journey and, working with demand generation, fills gaps in search demand (SEO); use target keywords to write copy for SEO while remaining interesting and informative
- Assist PR in the creation of talks to ensure messaging aligns with campaigns and to make the most of speaking opportunities
- Work with the PR team to ensure story alignment and to maximise visibility of that content
- Work cross-functionally to engage internal authors to support the content strategy;
- Content distribution through social media, YouTube, and via 3rd parties (eg guest blogs) to increase reach and bring quality traffic to the AppFollow website
- Social media (organic) engagement and following
- Write, edit and proofread content; provide editorial and proofing support to the wider team at AppFollow
Benefits we offer
- Full-time remote job. Though you’re always welcome to spend time with us in our office in Helsinki. Or to meet in a co-working space with the colleagues who live in the same location as you
- Quarterly and annual bonuses based on achieving KPIs and your personal performance and extra efforts
- 35 days of paid vacation. Take the time you need to stay charged. By prior agreement, you can have days off for special occasions, we are pretty flexible here
- Paid corporate meet-ups. We get together twice a year at various locations (St. Petersburg, Moscow, Helsinki, Riga etc.) to work and spend time together offline. We bear all the travel costs for your accommodation, flights, lodging, and other business travel expenses
- We compensate 50% of all of your education costs, including English courses
- Health insurance
- You’ll have executive-level visibility into how the company is running and performing
- We’re always ready to provide dedicated support and fast-track your on-boarding, give you the tools you need to be successful
- Experience in a B2B content management (or similar) role
- Creative and able to develop original content that provokes engagement
- Articulate, with strong copywriting, proofreading, and editing skills
- Experience formulating a cross-platform content approach, managing a mix of content types (eg. articles, blogs, infographics, or videos) and managing third parties, where specialist skills are required
- Adept at writing for SEO
- Proficiency with social media management
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Fluent English
- EU / UK residents may apply
Bonus points if you have
- Experience in a SaaS business
- Experience in a technology or software scale-up
- Experience in the mobile sector