Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up every morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling, and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New York, Berlin, Barcelone). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble, and passionate team at the heart of innovation: our Bureau Of Technology.
Our roles are 100% remote-friendly in the UK, Germany, France, and the Netherlands. If you are from elsewhere but willing to move to one of our countries, let’s talk about it 💪
In 2021, we have huge ambitions, that’s why we are looking for Android engineers who are inspired in developing an m-commerce app, with an optimized and advanced user experience. We are just at the beginning of the m-commerce app and we want to accelerate it with amazing features.
- You are a developer with more than 3 years of experience on Android, with some apps released on the PlayStore or B2B,
- You know how to build a native application using Kotlin/Java with solid architecture and cutting (MVVM, MVP or other),
- You have already used Kotlin coroutines or flows,
- You can work daily with Git, using Git-flow and writing clean Pull Request,
- You understand and can contribute to the maintenance and evolution of the continuous integration stack: Bitrise, Crashlytics, Firebase App Distribution, CodeCov, etc.
- With the entire team, you follow and maintain the app monitoring: KPIs, logs, crash reporting, boards,
- You continually maintain technical and functional exchanges with the iOS team 🍎, because it is possible and necessary 💚,
- You take part in the meetups, lectures of the community and you document yourself through blog articles to keep you up to date (medium, PAUG, Google I/O, etc.),
- You’ve got some favorite repositories that you use as a reference for best practices,
- You like to develop beautiful interfaces and fluid animations, while respecting the Android guidelines (however, without being too rigid on those principles),
- You’re disappointed that Google let down the dessert names for Android versions.
- An educator and communicator, the team will grow and your exchanges with the other team features are constant,
- Autonomous, you like to carry projects and features that will appeal to users,
- A team player, you are open to new propositions and to go further with the features (animations, quick-win that makes a difference),
- Committed to the quality, unit and UI testing don't scare you,
- Looking for cool and talented colleagues. Human qualities are as important to us as your technical skills (even if we only talk about them at the end 🤓).
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote-friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Technical challenges all day every day: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA, and now in Asia!
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded, and friendly environment.
BackMarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.