Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 434M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable, and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up every morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling, and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New York, Berlin, Barcelona). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble, and passionate team at the heart of innovation: our Bureau Of Technology.
Our roles are 100% remote-friendly in the UK, Germany, France, and the Netherlands. If you are from elsewhere but willing to move to one of our countries, let’s talk about it 💪
We are responsible for the user experience on Back Market, whether that be our customers or merchants, and through designing, prototyping, testing, and iterating, we evolve it in collaboration with different (and extraordinary) people.
We do this because we want to make the world a better place. After all our goal is to offer more than just an alternative avenue to buy tech products, we want to do e-commerce differently. <3
We’re looking for Product Designers (UX or UI leaning) to join us to make Back Market the most successful destination for buying refurbished.
You’ll collaborate with our Product Owners and UX Researchers to bring a plethora of concepts and product evolution, you’ll work on a daily basis with developers to validate the technical feasibility of your proposals and to ensure the fulfillment of your craft, and you’ll also be connected with other Back Markets functions (Marketing, Brand, Business etc.) to help articulate the needs and expectations of the customer and the business.
As a Mid-weight Product Designer, you’ll autonomously contribute to the design vision for key areas of our journey and create positive relationships with product squads, business stakeholders, and other designers to deliver impactful results.
You’re at the stage of your career where you bring great ideas to the table, you’re looking for challenging problems to solve for users, and you are considering your growth path in mentoring and coaching other designers.
- Being an equal partner with product owners and engineers to build, maintain, and evolve Back Market.
- Contribute to the product roadmap and advocate for the right approach, prioritization, and execution to ensure a best-in-class customer experience.
- Collaborating with user researchers to bring clarity to ambiguous problems with relevant customer insights, and consulting quantitative and qualitative data to inform your design decisions.
- Advocating for and facilitating design methods and tools to help your team deliver solutions that work for our customers and business.
- Ensuring clarity and comprehension in your ideas and solutions from conception to delivery through useful documentation and tidy working practices.
- Proactively advocating your impact and autonomously communicating progress, learnings, and goals.
- You have at least +3 years of experience working in a growing design & research team and can talk about how you have worked with stakeholders to deliver impact in dynamic environments.
- You demonstrate in-depth knowledge in design methods and craft. You have a collection of examples where you’ve contributed successful impact.
- You have your ear to the ground regarding new tools and technologies that help us become more effective and efficient.
- You can contribute inclusive design practices and are comfortable in voicing your opinion.
- You are obsessive about UX or UI design, you have an attention to detail regarding edge cases, hierarchy, contrast, cognition, etc...
- You deliver designs with a systematic approach.
- You think about interfaces not as static pixels but as dynamic experiences and can express yourself effortlessly with motion, flows and stories.
- You are inherently curious, you are idealistic but you challenge the status quo responsibility and can always find the middle ground.
- You are comfortable in communicating professionally in English as we are an international team.
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote-friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Technical challenges all day every day: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA, and now in Asia!
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded, and friendly environment.
BackMarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.