Ready to challenge yourself to dive deep and think big? Ookla, the company behind Speedtest and Downdetector, is a team of passionate individuals who have turned clever ideas into unique products and a thriving business. Globally, millions of tests are performed every day across the Speedtest ecosystem on the web, desktop and mobile apps, embedded in routers and deployed in thousands of servers. With all that usage comes countless ways to dissect and analyze our data to help make the internet better, faster and more accessible for everyone. If you crave the chance to do your best work in a flexible work environment where we value individuality and fun as much as we value talent, we want to hear from you.
Ookla’s Speedtest products are used by millions of people worldwide every day to measure and understand network connectivity. Speedtest Powered brings that trusted testing technology to any product or service capable of connecting to the internet, allowing companies to measure the strength of their infrastructure and ensure the best possible experience on their networks and devices. We are looking for an experienced, hands-on product leader to help us better serve those clients, and in turn improve the internet for everyone. This role will work across the organization and with senior management; the ideal person is able to work seamlessly across teams to both be a bridge and driver.
We are people first, employees second at Ookla, and we know there is no one perfect path to any job. If you’re excited about the work we’re doing and think you have a creative new approach, please apply whether or not your experience matches the job description. We strongly believe diversity of all kinds makes us better. We are an equal opportunity employer actively working to build an inclusive workforce at all levels of the company. [Read our latest diversity report here].
- Be the subject matter expert on relevant markets, the competitive landscape, and the needs of our current and prospective clients.
- Work with stakeholders to shape the product vision in support of client needs and company goals; collaboratively develop and continuously communicate a rolling 6-18 month product roadmap to pursue that vision.
- Analyze and prioritize incoming feedback and feature requests from clients, partners, and internal stakeholders and balance those against strategic initiatives to ensure that we stay focused on projects with the greatest business impact.
- Serve as the Product Owner for our Speedtest Powered offerings, translating the product roadmap into an actionable, prioritized backlog of well-defined user stories for our Agile development team to execute against.
- Collaborate with our sales, support, and technology teams to help determine the best solutions, work through implementation issues, and strike a balance between “perfect” and “practical” to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Work across the organization to develop and execute go-to-market activities, including creation of pricing models, messaging, outreach campaigns, product documentation, and tools or materials for sales enablement and customer onboarding.
The heading says “requirements” but we’re looking for the right person not the exact list. If your life experience prepares you for similar challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- Significant product management experience with SDKs, APIs and embedded system products. Demonstrating increasing responsibility and a record of successful product launches and iterations is critical; background in the service assurance or telecommunications industry helpful, but not required.
- Proven success in analyzing and defining customer needs, finding new business opportunities, working with development teams on technical product requirements, and leading go-to-market efforts.
- Experience and preference for working in an Agile development environment as a Product Owner or similar role; CSPO certification helpful but not required.
People come first at Ookla. At the moment everyone is working remotely because of the pandemic, but we still have great benefits even if we are fully remote. We offer competative compensation, flexible schedules, transit passes, on- and off-site happy hours, team activities, lunch on Wednesdays and an office kitchen full of snacks (some of these benefits will resume when it is safe to do so). Our comprehensive benefits package includes pension matching, unlimited paid vacation and sick time, ESPP options, private health/dental insurance coverage and a stand-out parental leave. We make sure you have the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work, and we provide excellent flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. Visit [our Built In Seattle page] for even more information.
While our preference is to have this person located in Seattle where our headquarters is, we are open to having this position be remote elsewhere in the US. We provide excellent workplace flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. If the person we hire is not located in Seattle, this role will occasionally be required to visit our Seattle office (when it is safe to do so).