Alpine enjoys a nationwide reputation for quality products and for providing genuinely helpful service. Alpine designs HVAC solutions for homeowners and contractors nationwide. We ship heating and cooling equipment to our customers' homes or businesses and help them find local installers. We have a strong following and many repeat customers. Alpine experiences double-digit growth year over year. We are the largest and most tenured e-commerce retailer of heating and air conditioning equipment. Our customers give Alpine the highest ratings in our industry with an average score of 4.8 out of 5 across tens of thousands of reviews.
This position requires an extremely detail-oriented individual with sharp analytical skills.
- Manage budgeting and forecasting
- Ensure effective utilization of company lines of credit
- Establish new lines of credit or other forms of financing
- Oversee accuracy of all managerial and financial accounting
- Provide daily cash reporting to management and manage funds between companies
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
- Work closely with internal staff accountant and third-party accounting firm on tax-related issues, including multi-state sales tax and multi-state income tax
- Oversee daily activity of internal staff accountants, including management of payables, journal entries, payroll and intercompany transactions
- Provide financial information to third parties as needed
- Work to streamline accounting processes where possible, and provide training to team members
- Rework managerial and financial accounting processes where required
- Assist with inventory management, costing, adjustments, transfers and year-end counts
- Assist with technical development of an internal management accounting system used with ecommerce platform
- Maintain financial package for reporting to third-parties
- Manage all tax-related items for the company, including license and business entity fees, sales tax registrations, annual company taxes, estimated tax payments, etc.
- Serve as backup for occasional staff shortages in accounting (including payroll processing)
- Improve our existing month/quarter/year-end close process & accruals; prepare for reviewed and eventually audited financial statements.
- Help migrate our accounting system from Netsuite to a hybrid proprietary system & alternative book-of-record
- Improve our existing controls or add new controls as needed
- Review current staffing levels and build the accounting team as required
Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Successful track record as a Controller or similar
- Reputation as a hard-worker whose regular accomplishments are above average
- Ability to develop advanced Excel models of integrated financials and forecasts
- Initiative to own and drive all aspects of accounting
- Identify problems and opportunities proactively and resolve independently
- Experience managing the work of others, including training, auditing, accountability and coaching
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Monthly gain-sharing bonuses tied to revenue growth
- Group health insurance plus health savings account, retirement savings plan, commuter benefits, paid time off
- Paid educational and professional development training
- Work-from-home (remote) or in-office position, your choice, even after COVID is resolved (~40 hours per week standard business hours, remote; not "flex time")
- All computer equipment and training will be provided
- For Chicago-based staff who prefer in-office work, we have an attractive and comfortable loft office with large windows and lots of natural light, coffee, snacks, an open beer tap in the afternoons and nap rooms to revitalize
We are future-minded innovators working to provide intelligent heating and cooling solutions to everyday homeowners. Started in 2002, we are the first ecommerce company to sell HVAC equipment to homeowners online and by phone. We have helped hundreds of thousands of customers while maintaining the strongest reputation in our industry.
We seek to create great experiences for our customers, vendors and employees. At Alpine, our primary value is that everyone wins.
Learn more and view all openings at: alpinehomeair.com/careers