We are looking for a visionary leader to help shape the future of Hornet’s product. This is an executive-level role, and a unique opportunity to make a lasting, positive impact on the LGBTQ+ community worldwide.
Applicants to this role should have significant consumer product management experience, including a successful track record of full ownership over product roadmaps. The ideal candidate will be comfortable managing high-level product strategy, developing a vision for the Hornet product that stretches well into the future. They will be equally adept at hands-on execution, working with Hornet’s global engineering team to ship our roadmap on time and at high quality. This role requires a deep intuition for user experience, and extremely strong team leadership and management skills.
We welcome candidates with a wide range of consumer product backgrounds, but an intense affinity for and understanding of the LGBTQ+ community is an absolute must.
What you’ll do
- Shape and communicate product vision at Hornet, communicating and evangelizing all the way to C-level and board
- Take full ownership of the Hornet product roadmap, including competitive research, strategic planning, and prioritization
- Work closely with Hornet’s UX team to lead our user research and product design and specification processes
- Work directly with Hornet’s Engineering team to execute our product roadmap, proactively identifying and eliminating roadblocks when necessary
- Collaborate with Hornet’s Growth team to help lead our Learning Organization - focusing on a data-driven, experimental approach to product development
Who you are (required)
- You are passionate about Hornet’s mission, and have a deep understanding of the LGBTQ+ community and product space
- You have 7+ years of experience in a product management leadership role, with significant impact shaping product roadmaps
- You are experienced thinking through big-picture product strategy, including market entry questions, competitive strategy, technical debt tradeoffs, risk mitigation, etc.
- You are highly adept at communicating your vision across an organization, gaining buy-in up, down, and sideways
- You are comfortable working directly with engineering teams in an Agile environment to execute on a product roadmap
Who you are (ideally)
- You have previous experience managing an LGBTQ+ community product
- You are comfortable using data to drive product strategy decisions, conducting your own quantitative analysis when appropriate
- You are familiar with a wide range of revenue strategies, including subscriptions, user-to-user revenue, and advertising
- You are experienced working and managing remotely at high efficiency
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our team members and a better product for our users and community in general.