Sinch brings businesses and people closer with tools enabling personal engagement. Our cloud communications platform reaches every mobile phone on the planet, in seconds or less, through mobile messaging, voice and video. We are a profitable international company with close to 2000 employees, with a global engineering team headquartered in Malmö. Our platforms processes thousands of customer transactions every second and 8 out of 10 of the biggest US tech companies are our customers.
As an SDKs developer at Sinch, you own, define, implement and publish both Architecture and product-specific functionality in our server SDKs to enable our customer developers to be productive and successful using our products. You love to make it easy for developers and have developed SDKs for REST APIs in previous roles and are a frequent user of different SDKs. Part of the job is to drive and inspire product teams to contribute to the base SDKs and add their products in the SDKs. Here you will have a unique opportunity to write code used directly by other developers as the end users.
As our new Senior SDK Developer, you will:
- Take the lead on the SDK you are responsible for, through the whole development cycle
- You will be working closely with product and engineering teams on features and roadmaps both on SDK features and driving change in API to make it better
- Deploy new SDKs with as many products as possible
- You will work with the documentation team to keep all documentation easy to read, test, and add content to engage our customers.
- Actively keep your eye out for new ways that might add value to the products and our customer
As part of a global company location isn't as important, for the right candidate we are open for placement anywhere in Sweden.
You keep updated on what makes a good SDK and what is developer friendly. You are a developer who likes to stand up for your own opinions and have the courage to speak up. You feel empathy and understanding that products may be complicated for new customers and your passion is to make it as easy as possible for your fellow developer.
To make you feel productive in this role we think you have:
- 5-7 years as back-end developer in C# - web applications and REST API
- Ability to communicate well in the SDK documentation and code
You'll stand out from the crowd if you have:
- Experience in Java, Node.js, Python
- Experience with ensuring compatibility and maintainability of SDKs under an incremental delivery model
- Built and shipped public Helper libraries / SDKs at an international cloud platform company
- Experience in delivering to demanding global companies' developers, with high expectations on robustness
- Experience with open-source projects
About the recruitment process:
To help us place the right people in the right role, we believe in science-based and fair assessment methods. We follow a competence-based, structured interview process where your skills, experience and attributes relevant to the role and Sinch will be assessed. As part of our recruitment process, pre-employment testing is used to help us increase our hiring success by identifying the candidates that are most likely to thrive and be successful in the role. We acknowledge that there are two parties making a decision in this process and welcome you to ask any questions you may have at any stage of the process.