The Engineering Team at TCGplayer creates and maintains a suite of products in support of our role as the leading online marketplace for trading card games and collectibles. We build applications and technologies that connect thousands of businesses with customers across the collectible gaming industry, powering sales through physical stores, websites, mobile apps and the TCGplayer Marketplace. We are looking for a highly experienced developer for our eCommerce platform level architectures who is results-driven, inventive, an analytical problem solver, and a good communicator.
If you are a seasoned developer with full stack experience in numerous technologies that’s ready to get our Marketplace set to support massive growth in an incredibly fun industry, then TCGplayer is the right place for you.
- Set development trends and lead industry-level growth and improvement across the company.
- Be a driver for many of our key projects here at TCGplayer.
- Lead large technical projects and establish architectural direction with technical teams, and mentor more junior engineers.
- Architect, design and develop platform-level features of our eCommerce website working with some of the best engineers in development today.
- Work on complex systems for managing product searches, APIs for internal and 3rd party consumption, background system jobs, stream-based processing and caching.
- Design best-in-class solutions for our buyers and create platforms for monitoring, managing and easing throughput of our services to ensure service response times are fast, orders are processed appropriately, and data integrity is maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related field, or a combination of education and experience
- 12+ years of C#, .NET MVC Razor, Entity Framework, .NET Core and ASP.NET experience
- Demonstrated success leading large, strategic, or complex projects that have clear impact to the success of your company.
- Experience setting architectural direction at the organization level and evolving systems toward it for long term success.
- A track record of influencing and delivering projects with organizational impact and priority.
- The ability to quickly analyze and resolve tactical issues across a wide variety of areas.
- Expert SQL programming skills: Stored Procedures, Views, and Functions
- Understanding of a NoSQL datastore such as Redis, DynamoDB and MongoDB
- Experience designing and developing microservices using cloud technology with considerations for concurrency and parallelism
- Experience with event processing mechanisms such as Kafka, AWS SNS/SQS, RabbitMQ
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, and public cloud deployment platforms
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive medical insurance with a variety of plan options to suit your needs
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with 4% match
- Stock options for all employees
- Free coaching, counseling and mental health services
- 100% company paid life insurance
- Paid trips to work with remote teammates
TCGplayer is the largest marketplace for trading card games in the world, with nearly 1 billion dollars in sales. Founded by Chedy Hampson & Ray Moore as a digital media platform within the collectible hobby space, we have grown from our initial roots working inside Syracuse-based hobby stores selling comic books, sports cards, CD’s, collectible cards, action figures, and tabletop games, into an expansive eCommerce marketplace that connects a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers. TCGplayer maintains the largest authoritative database of historical and current prices for the most popular trading card games, and this data powers and connects an entire industry of publishers, buyers, sellers, influencers & developers.
We have been ranked amongst New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s top 100 companies for women in the U.S and certified a Great Place to Work by our employees 5 years in a row. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We believe every team member contributes to our success and as such, we provide stock options to all 400 employees, growing to 500 strong by the end of 2021.
With the largest marketplace for collectible card games, in-store tools for local gaming stores and industry leading fulfillment center to deliver products from sellers to buyers, we bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the $25B global collectibles hobby market. The company’s mission is to establish TCGplayer as the most valued and admired company in the hobby collectibles universe by 2025.