TCGplayer promotes and drives growth of our products and services by connecting a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers in a $25B global collectible hobby market.
Are you looking for an opportunity to create business success for Friendly Local Game Stores in a rapidly growing, mission-driven team? Join TCGplayer as our Product Manager, Retailer Solutions!
TCGplayer's Seller Solutions team supports tens of thousands of small businesses with in-store, online, and point of sale solutions designed to grow their business. We’re passionate about every aspect of running a successful FLGS (Friendly Local Game Store) and their essential role as a “third space” for hobbyists around the world.
We're looking for someone who has B2B product experience, is passionate about understanding and serving SMB retailers, and eager to build upon their past expertise to invent new solutions that people love.
This is a critical role within TCGplayer, perfect for an entrepreneurial product manager who has strong product, UX, and research skills; business acumen; and comfort with ambiguity, volatility, and direct contact with the real world.
You’ll be responsible for aligning TCGplayer’s departments around a shared vision: eliciting solutions, driving execution, and understanding outcomes. If you’re equal parts “empathy” and “ambition,” this is an opportunity to take risks and stretch yourself, surrounded by teammates who will support you along the way.
You don’t have to be a hobbyist or gamer to love working at TCGplayer, but you should be comfortable embracing (and amplifying!) our relentless commitment to making hobbies and games accessible, fun, and rewarding for everyone.
TCGplayer is a distributed organization, so you can perform this role from our Syracuse, NY headquarters or from a remote US-based location.
- Understand and advocate for hobby retail owners, staffers, and customers’ needs through direct interactions, qualitative research, and statistical analysis
- Define and own the product vision and strategy, including business impact, market research, and competitive analysis
- Serve as subject matter expert on contemporary retail and SMB software, hardware, and mobile products and services, including POS and in-store technologies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of designers, developers, marketing, sales, and operations professionals to elicit, amplify, and design product solutions
- Document product definitions from value propositions to use cases and individual features
- Communicate the goals and guide the delivery of new products, including roadmaps, backlogs, milestones, and go-to-market plans
- Socialize your priorities, process, and outcomes; gather feedback and and new ideas from your customers and teammates
- Develop and iterate TCGplayer’s product management practices, processes, and standards as a growth-stage organization
- Demonstrated success as a product manager, researcher, UX designer, marketing, or similar role responsible for designing and delivering software solutions to SMBs and retailers
- Experience at customer research and past examples of creating new customer value
- Professional experience at a high-growth product organization
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain advanced concepts to every audience
- Ability to coach and guide cross-functional teams without supervisory responsibility and work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to challenge current thinking and bring others along to implement new ideas to improve business results
- Ability to facilitate meetings with diverse and sometimes conflicting points of view and the ability to influence and guide them to decisions and finality
- A deep love of the hobby, gaming, or collectibles space
- Solid technical or design background with hands-on experience in design thinking and agile development process in mobile, web, and/or hardware technologies
- MBA or MS/MA degree in UX, HCI, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Product Owner, Product Manager, or Scrum Master certification
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive medical insurance with a variety of plan options to suit your needs
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with 4% match
- Stock options for all employees
- Free coaching, counseling and mental health services
- 100% company paid life insurance
- Paid trips to work with remote teammates
TCGplayer is the largest marketplace for trading card games in the world, with nearly 1 billion dollars in sales. Founded by Chedy Hampson & Ray Moore as a digital media platform within the collectible hobby space, we have grown from our initial roots working inside Syracuse-based hobby stores selling comic books, sports cards, CD’s, collectible cards, action figures, and tabletop games, into an expansive eCommerce marketplace that connects a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers. TCGplayer maintains the largest authoritative database of historical and current prices for the most popular trading card games, and this data powers and connects an entire industry of publishers, buyers, sellers, influencers & developers.
We have been ranked amongst New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s top 100 companies for women in the U.S and certified a Great Place to Work by our employees 5 years in a row. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We believe every team member contributes to our success and as such, we provide stock options to all 400 employees, growing to 500 strong by the end of 2021.
With the largest marketplace for collectible card games, in-store tools for local gaming stores and industry leading fulfillment center to deliver products from sellers to buyers, we bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the $25B global collectibles hobby market. The company’s mission is to establish TCGplayer as the most valued and admired company in the hobby collectibles universe by 2025.