We are looking for a Technical Writer. At data.world, you will produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. This is a contract position with potential to convert to full-time.
You will join our product team and work collaboratively with implementation specialists, engineers, product and engineering managers, and designers to make our product easier to use, especially for technical users like developers, data engineers, technical data stewards, and administrators.
You will be successful in this role if you have strong technical experience, are a fast and motivated learner, and are an effective writer and communicator. Also, you are the ideal candidate if you love being part of a fast growing startup team and culture, and get excited about the idea of doing lots of troubleshooting, discovery-by-doing, and getting your hands dirty with new innovative or work-in-progress features.
At data.world, you will:
- collaborate with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- work directly with the product, becoming an expert on both established features and early/in-progress development.
- produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- write easy-to-understand online help and developer guides.
- generate API documentation and appropriate code examples.
- create tutorials to help users set up and configure the platform.
- create videos or other media as part of a modern and holistic documentation content strategy.
- identify product best practices and assist end users in adopting them through our content.
We'd love to see:
- proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation.
- a degree or certification in a relevant technical field or equivalent experience.
- experience creating documentation for a technical business audience such as enterprise developers and IT administrators.
- experience creating documentation for SaaS and data products.
- experience working with documentation publishing tools and lifecycle management.
- experience creating video tutorials preferred but not required.
- an ability to effectively organize and structure documentation.
- an ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail.
- an ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- basic familiarity with the SDLC and software product development.
- excellent written skills in English.
- an appetite to try new things. You're curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask questions and don't shy away from challenges.
Perks and benefits:
- Charitable corporate programs and volunteer events
- Lots of regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions - even virtually for now!
- A flexible work environment
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we're excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world's largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and the client base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.