Founded in 2013, Skedulo is a fast-growing SaaS company headquartered in San Francisco and with offices in Australia, Vietnam, and the United Kingdom. Here, we use the latest technologies and best engineering practices to deliver groundbreaking software that is making a difference around the world.
If you’re drawn to solving interesting problems, Skedulo is for you. Over the past 20 years, less than 5% of software investment has been focused on the needs of the world’s 2.7 billion mobile workers, and the mobile workforce is our sole focus. Join us as we build a scalable platform for the world’s largest brands working with the most respected technology partners.
Skedulo is a momentum leader in Field Service Management (based on G2 Winter 2021 rating) and is growing rapidly to meet the demands of a post-Covid world. This is a compelling opportunity to join a fast-growth, enterprise grade, SaaS based business where an outstanding mobile experience is at the heart of our product and user experience.
As a DevOps engineer you will be working closely with our engineering teams in Australia and the UK, sharing ownership of Skedulo's infrastructure and reliability efforts. Conduct fault finding around the continuous delivery and integration pipeline, monitoring services, writing new tooling, and tracking the back, front and mobile layers. Continue building out their infrastructure, automation, reliability, observability and deployment ability. Deep dive weird network connectivity bugs and contribute improvements upstream to key Kubernetes projects. Being the first DevOps hire within the UK engineering team is a huge opportunity to carve out ownership and responsibility, helping to deliver product features which will be the foundation for Skedulo's next chapter!
- Must have at least a BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or similar field of study
- Cloud Native infrastructure skills - container orchestration knowledge, particularly Kubernetes
- You understand the fundamental of AWS cloud infrastructure, and would be able to look at an existing landscape and interpret it
- Site Reliability Engineering knowledge or experience - measuring, meeting and fixing Service Level Objectives
- You have worked in strong engineering environments, and have worked closely with software engineers
- Experience managing dozens of AWS accounts for a single company optimising for best practices and ease of management and also experienced with terraform (or Cloudformation but willing to switch) and Lambda deployments
- Software development ability (Python and Go in particular)
- You have a strong understanding of network concepts
- Be able to communicate technical concepts and opinion
- Ansible for managing applications running under Kubernetes
- Prometheus as a monitoring system
- Lambdas to supplement infrastructure workflows
- SumoLogic for log management
- Honeycomb for observability of distributed microservices
- 100% remote work environment but we have a hub in London
- Monthly remote work stipend (£120)
- Company Pension Match (3%)
- Competitive salary
- 7 paid sick days per year
- 4 weeks paid leave per year
- 8 days of public holidays per year
- Stock Options/ Equity
- Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Employee Referral Bonus