United States (Remote)
Qualified is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our growing Finance Team. In this role you will work closely with the VP of Finance to manage the overall accounting function and offer strategic and technical expertise as we rapidly scale.
As we are a fast-growing company, there are opportunities for upward movement and taking on more responsibilities. If you have a detail-oriented mindset, a love of customer service, and a passion for rolling up your sleeves to do what it takes to get important tasks done, then this is a great opportunity for you.
What You'll Be Doing
- Own the overall accounting function including AR, AP, journal entries and reconciliations, payroll, treasury, and the monthly/quarterly/ annual closings and financial statement preparation in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Develop and implement effective accounting policies, procedures, and controls
- Assist in support of external audit, including managing the preparation of audit requests
- Improve accounting/finance operations by supporting new clients, products, pricing structures, and markets as the company rapidly scales
- Collaborate with external service providers such as tax advisors, lenders, and attorneys
- Own the treasury function by managing bank accounts and the various methods of settling vendor payments and employee expenses
- Own the Accounting technology stack and continually look to improve it as needed to meet the changing needs of our rapidly scaling SaaS business
- Partner with the VP of Finance, CEO, President, and others to analyze trends and make key company strategy decisions
- Manage regulatory and compliance filings and registrations including but not limited to federal and state taxes, and entity registrations and renewals.
- At least 4 - 6 years of experience in public and private accounting, ideally in a lead role, preferably with a VC backed, growth stage SAAS company.
- CPA, Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, G Suite, and Word
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Quickbooks, Netsuite, bill.com, SaaS billing software, Salesforce, and ERP systems
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- Potential to manage and build an accounting team as Qualified scales