Pico MES, a platform for factory efficiency and control.
Pico MES is a team of engineers, designers & business leaders with an extensive background in manufacturing and technology development. We’ve produced a web-based product that allows manufacturing engineers and technicians to create and manage their entire workflows within the factory. We also provide a distributed hardware system for integrating the hundreds, if not thousands of devices on the factory floor. Ultimately our goal is simple: We like to build stuff - and want to help others build stuff, like electric vehicles, aerospace, and more, using interconnected tools that meet their needs for error proofing, efficiency and control. Pico MES is a team of technical experts and humble learners who understand what it takes to build a highly capable manufacturing line.
Pico MES is a seed stage company backed by some of the strongest investors in the industry, including Lemnos Labs, Congruent Ventures, Union Labs, and Schneider Electric Ventures.
At Pico MES, we welcome all cultures, genders, beliefs, ages, and skills. We depend on the unique approach of our team members to help solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity to ensure that our company is a place where people from all backgrounds feel safe and can make an impact.
About the role:
The ideal candidate is an experienced Full Stack Engineer interested in joining our 7-person software development team. As a key member, this role will be responsible for the concept and implementation of thoughtful feature and function design for our manufacturing system, primarily written in Go and React.
As a team, we’re focused on scalability, while building a product that delights, surprises, and makes our customers (and ourselves) very happy. Our motto: Always try to deliver magic in a box!
- Participate in design iterations providing engineering feedback for product specs
- Own the technical design and implementation of new product features and APIs while leveraging the rest of the development team member talents to build a phenomenal product
- Support bug fixes and feature development of our existing product
- Keep up-to-date with industry and language best practices to suggest potential improvements to our existing code base
- +5 years experience developing web service applications, ideally in Go.
- Experience with relational databases, such as Postgres
- Experience working with distributed systems built with tools like Docker/Kubernetes, gRPC, and REST APIs
- Nice to have: Experience and/or interest in making things
Working at Pico is rewarding: Full-time employees receive private medical and dental insurance, plus growth and development opportunities. We also host regular virtual team and company events, and offer generous employee stock options. Pico MES provides remote office setup funds and unlimited PTO.
Pico MES employees operate fully remote. While we may establish an office or more than one office in the future, expect this role to work remotely.