At Elliptic, we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to flourish, it’s important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. Our clients include the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies.
Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyse more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies.
The company has a presence in London, UK, New York City, Singapore and Tokyo. We are backed by SBI Group, Albion VC, Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.
Are you a passionate and enthusiastic Sales Executive with a wealth of experience selling SaaS solutions to SMB companies? Are you looking for your next challenge in an emerging and exciting market? If yes then we want to hear from you!
The impact you will have:
You will join our global Commercial team, and champion uncovering and developing new customer relationships across the Americas region. As an SMB Sales Executive you will become an expert in Elliptic’s value proposition, helping our prospective customers navigate and enter the cryptocurrency market with your knowledge and understanding of our product and compliance and regulatory environments.
You will manage the full sales cycle including prospecting, qualifying leads, negotiating terms, developing custom proposals and closing business to ultimately deliver profitable revenue growth and exceed your targets.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual looking for a role where you can make an impact not just on the company you work for but also on the market you work in. Fascinating and challenging work is the norm - working at Elliptic is never boring!
What you’ll do:
- Develop net new business and cross sell opportunities
- Build out strategic market penetration plan, prospect, and manage full sales cycle
- Prospect and generate high quality leads
- Develop custom proposals based on customer requirements
- Conduct presentations and product demos
- Negotiate terms and close the business
- As applicable, work alongside our Customer Engagement team to develop deeper relationships and upsell to set and hit aggressive revenue goals
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual quota
You will be a great fit here if you:
- Can understand the customer’s business model, and how digital assets fit into their strategy
- Have the ability to analyse data to identify market trends and opportunities for cryptocurrency and compliance
- Can evaluate customer needs and preferences in relation to pricing, product terms and conditions to ensure that client requirements are addressed in commercial proposals
- Have a collaborative mindset
- Address problems immediately and can work across functions to solve problems
- Enjoy working with pace and energy, building team spirit and cultivating unity and commitment among the team
- Have an understanding of complex B2B sales methodologies
- Are flexible, adaptable and comfortable with changing priorities
Our ideal candidate has:
- 4+ years full sales cycle experience selling SaaS solutions
- Strong outbound prospecting skills, with track record of generating net new business
- Demonstrated track record of success and quota over achievement - top 10% performer at your last company
- A strong work ethic and an entrepreneur’s mindset. You’re comfortable creating value in a low structure environment while being agile and resilient
- Interest and curiosity about digital assets and the crypto economy
Bonus Points for:
- Intimate understanding of AML/KYC and Forensics space, either in cryptocurrency or traditional financial environments
- Experience selling SaaS solutions to Financial Services
- Borderline obsession with emerging technology
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Portugese
- Competitive salary
- Share Options
- Holiday - 25 days
- Private Health Insurance
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment: We understand that flexibility is the key to maintaining a healthy work-life balance, especially at the moment. We’re working remotely right now and are carefully considering our strategy for remote working in the longer term
- Social events, which include monthly team lunch on us, quarterly full day events and an annual company 3-day event - this year these are taking place virtually
- Personal training budget & LinkedIn Learning subscription
Ensuring that individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities feel welcome at Elliptic is an ongoing priority for us. We really believe that diverse thinking, cultures, and experiences enable us to solve problems in new ways, benefiting both Elliptic and our customers.
We know that some candidates may be less likely to apply for a job unless they meet all the requirements and we also recognise that “traditional” office hours aren’t always doable, especially during the pandemic. If you want to work for Elliptic and you are excited by this role, we would love to hear from you.
And you get to be part of a business with a purpose, working with a passionate team of mission-driven people who will stretch and challenge you!