This position is a remote position with some travel to Salt Lake City, Utah required.
How about making an immediate impact on a very cool nursing college? All from the comfort of your home office? With your doggies by your side? Join us at Nightingale College - we need a pro to come in and BUILD our comp system, BUILD out our benefits, BUILD our total rewards. check out this incredible opporltunity.
The compensation manager is responsible for managing the compensation function for the College. The compensation manager plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to align with the company's goals and competitive practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with internal policies and government regulations.
This position manages all employees of the compensation department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Manages the development, implementation and administration of compensation programs.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommends changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
- Provides advice to corporate staff on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations.
- Designs creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs and incentive plans.
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
- Oversees the participation in salary surveys and monitors salary survey data to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee compensation.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including Excel.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to plan and set priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with senior management.
- Candidates with an interest in, and commitment to personal growth will be given preference.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field and six years of progressively responsible experience in employee compensation
- At least one year of experience managing subordinates.
- Largely remote role but does require travel to Salt Lake City, Utah several times a year.
- Uses a computer, a telephone, and other tools and equipment to produce outputs and to communicate.
- Travels as required to attend meetings and to participate in training.
Nightingale’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected both in our learners and collaborators because we believe the best outcomes for learners from underserved and diverse populations are achieved through collaborators with similar backgrounds and cultures. Nightingale College is an equal opportunity employer.
Our Mission (not just words on the wall, we live it, love it, and daily contribute to it).
At Nightingale College, our Innovative Education model helps transform rural health landscapes through our blended-distance learning platform. Every person involved with Nightingale College helps to change lives of our learners, our communities and ultimately the world by adding to the quality of healthcare. We are proud to have graduated over 1,000 nurses serving communities in need. We are serious about our outcomes and have a little bit of fun getting there.
The professional and personal development of our learners and our collaborators is our company’s foundation. Not only do we develop strategies that promote a positive work-life integration, but we also create an environment that invites you to become an expert in your field, be it through higher education or professional development. Put simply, we elevate employment, elevate health, and elevate education. We’re so happy that you’ve found us!