Vaxart is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing a range of oral recombinant vaccines based on its proprietary delivery platform. Vaxart vaccines are administered using convenient room temperature-stable tablets that can be stored and shipped without refrigeration.
Vaxart has demonstrated that its proprietary tablet vaccine delivery platform is suitable to deliver recombinant vaccines, positioning the company to develop oral versions of currently marketed vaccines and to design recombinant vaccines for new indications. Its development programs currently include tablet vaccines designed to protect against coronavirus, norovirus, seasonal influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), as well as a therapeutic vaccine for human papillomavirus (HPV), Vaxart's first immuno-oncology indication.
Our mission is the promotion of global health through the development of effective vaccines that can be administered by tablet rather than by injection, providing for the simple and efficient distribution and administration of safe vaccines in any setting.
We are looking for a QA Intern to join our growing South San Francisco team! This is a paid internship.
The Quality QMS & Doc Control – Intern position will assist in facilitation, implementation and execution of the company's Quality Management System and electronic Document Management System. Principle responsibilities includes, but is not limited to, migration of documents from paper based system to electronic, support of the QMS, routing/formatting of Documents per regulation standards while adhering to GxPs. The successful candidate will be providing a supportive role for the Sr. QA Associate and QMS manager.
- Quality Management System
- Support Vaxart quality systems include change control, deviations, CAPA, supplier/vendor qualification, training, audit, and document control system.
- Implement changes of existing procedure, and support development of new procedures.
- Coordinate QMS (eQMS) periodic review.
- Assist with generating metrics for the QMS.
- Document Control
- Perform operational tasks related to the document issuance, processing, and archival.
- Support system owner for paper/electronic based document management system.
- Facilitate any archiving and routing of physical documentation.
- Assist with the document review and approval process to ensure documents are approved promptly.
- Bachelors candidate or BA/BS holder preferred.
- Detailed oriented with strong documentation skills.
- Ability to learn how to use internal document management programs.
- Ability to safely lift at least 25 pounds.
Vaxart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. Vaxart does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.