Icon is building the future of workplace retirement savings.
Icon is a new category defining product. It's the first portable, universally accessible workplace savings plan, a modern alternative to 401k plans.
We believe that by radically simplifying retirement savings, we can help create a more equitable and financially secure future for everyone. We enable all types of companies to provide low cost, high-quality retirement savings plans and financial wellness solutions to all types of employees.
Our goal is to help everyone have a long and happy life through increased financial security. We're always looking for talented people who are interested in building the future alongside us.
Icon is looking for a high-energy, motivated professional with sound business insight and natural sales instincts to join and help build our Sales Development organization. You will lay the foundation of this sales effort and help grow the B2B side of the business with your previous sales experience.
As the first line of contact, you'll become an expert in the retirement savings industry and financial services. You'll use your passion for winning to improve the standard of success, documenting and tracking qualified opportunities onto the Account Executive team. You'll use a data-driven approach to outbound sales that incorporates prospecting, email communication, and calling at scale.
In this role you'll get to
- Source businesses within Icon's ideal customer profile across a variety of business sizes and markets
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested businesses and prioritize outreach to accelerate sales cycles
- Reach out to businesses at scale through cold calling, emailing and social selling
- Promote urgency through a solutions-based sales approach, identifying challenges with businesses and providing targeted value proposition
- Partner closely with Account Executives to identify winning strategies
- Minimum of two years of professional work experience, ideally in finance or sales
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a distributed sales team
- Stellar professional communications, both verbally and in written work
- A team player with entrepreneurial spirit - come up with and are willing to try new ideas to achieve greater levels of success
- A desire to grow your career in sales
- Personal leadership, authenticity, team player, curiosity
- Enthusiasm for developing sales skills through cold calling
- Comfort and flexibility with operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Why you might be excited about us
- We started off as a remote team. We are committed to finding the best talent and location isn't a barrier.
- We have offices in San Francisco and Portland OR if you want to work in person.
- Great life-work balance.
- We're working to create a more equitable future for everyone.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Benefits health, retirement
About Icon Savings:
Most American employees do not have access to a workplace retirement plan, that's about 81 million working Americans. Icon is a FinTech company that's built a new kind of workplace retirement benefit designed for the modern mobile workforce. Icon enables every type of company, from small startup, to large corporation, and even gig platform to offer every worker a high-quality, low cost plan. It's a more inclusive and sustainable system for delivering workplace savings.
For Employers: Icon delivers fully-designed, ready to use, digital retirement plans that make everything faster, easier, and radically less expensive.
For Employers: Icon transforms retirement savings into a personalized, portable plan that stays with you-- no more rollovers, no more high fees.
Icon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.