Shiji Group provides software solutions and services for the hospitality, food service, retail and entertainment industries, ranging from hotel management solutions, to food and beverage and retail systems, payment gateways, data management, online distribution and more.
Founded in 1998 as a network solutions provider for hotels, and later changed to a software provider for the whole consumer market, Shiji Group today comprises 5,000 employees in 80+ subsidiaries and brands, serving over 91,000 hotels, 200,000 restaurants and 600,000 retail outlets.
Shiji is committed to connecting the global business of hospitality. We provide an integrated suite of technological solutions that empower hotel, retail, food, and entertainment companies to better connect with their guests.
This role is responsible for leading a DevOps Team (15+ engineers) responsible for:
- Designing and implementing the cloudbased infrastructure platform for a global-scale application
- Maintaining and continuously improving the application environments and development tools
- Providing day to day support for internal development teams
As the Team Manager, except of the direct day-to-day Team management, you will be responsible for meeting with other Teams in order to clarify their needs, prioritize tasks and estimate the workload, reporting the project status, critical situation management, release coordination, recruitment, performance review and you will be serving as an escalation point for any Infrastructure related topic.
We would love to hear from you if you have at least:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science.
- Very good knowledge of written and verbal English.
- Experience working with OpenSource Technologies.
- 5 years of experience in a largescale IT environment.
- 3 years of experience on a team management role (including hiring, performance management, leadership).
- Experience leading projects using waterfall model.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile.
- Understanding of Public Cloud (preferably AWS), Continuous Integration and Deployment (preferably Jenkins, GitLab CI), Infrastructure as a Code concept, Immutable Infrastructure, Configuration as a Code.
- Ability to manage and orchestrate work coming from multiple work streams.
- Great communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
Nice to have:
- Hands on experience with AWS.
- Experience in growing Teams and adjusting the organizational structure to the needs of the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience leading cross functional project Teams across all time zones.
- all types of employment,
- flexible working hours, possibility to work partially remotely,
- full package of benefits, including the private medical care, sports card, life insurance, “cafeteria” card, English lessons and more…
- support of self-development in professional area (co-financed trainings, conferences, certifications etc.),
- chill rooms with variety of games, team building events and staff parties,
- and last – but not the least – great Team, atmosphere and a chance to participate in creating the enterprise-scale project from a scratch in an international environment.
Please don’t forget to put the clauses you accept in your resume:
I agree that my personal data will be processed by Shiji Poland Sp. z o. o. in order to recruit for the position I am applying for.
I agree to the processing of my personal data by Shiji Poland Sp. z o. o. for the needs of future recruitment.