Harvest is an industry-leading, independent software company that makes tools to help businesses run more smoothly. We believe that businesses only succeed by using their time intentionally. Our products support our customers through time tracking, reporting, and forecasting features.
Harvest started in 2006 as a team of three and has grown to today’s current team of over 60 with Harvesters working from around the globe. We’ve worked as a remote team since the beginning and we continue to hire the right people for the job no matter where they call home.
We strive to create a workplace culture where everyone feels valued, included, and heard. One important aspect of this is continuing to create spaces for diverse life experiences and work histories. If you are a member of a group that is historically underrepresented and disadvantaged in tech, business, and society in general, we want to meet you and we encourage you to apply.
This is an opportunity to join Harvest’s nascent data team. In the short term, you will help build Harvest’s reporting layer using DBT and Mode. Medium-term, you will help shape and implement an experimentation program. Longer-term, there is flexibility in how you can grow as long as you bring kindness, honor time, and seek impact.
You should consider applying if:
- You have both a teacher and a student mindset.
- 15 years worth of data excites you.
- You're interested in building a data practice from the ground up.
- You like small teams.
- You value a distributed and diverse work culture. Working side-by-side with co-workers from around the world is something you cherish.
- You value simplicity over complexity and practicality over theory.
- You are skeptical, curious, and not afraid of failure.
- Munge data, analyze and interpret results to provide both ad-hoc and scalable ongoing reporting
- Gather requirements from stakeholders, understand the intent of their requests along with potential business impact, and guide and execute upon those requests
- Guide your colleagues through the scientific method by designing and leading experiments
- Develop an understanding of how data moves through Harvest
- Build upon Harvest’s logic layer to ensure scalability and accuracy
- Grow in both depth and breadth in order to become a subject matter expert in given technologies and/or parts of the business
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and at least one scripting language (R or Python preferred)
- Knowledge of statistics, hypothesis testing, and probability
- Experience with relational databases
- Strong written and oral communication
- A desire to learn and grow
- Experience with SAAS products