We are looking for a financial services (regulatory) lawyer with considerable experience gained from the payments, crypto and investment product space. The kind of lawyer we are looking for is technically astute while at the same time business savvy, someone who strikes the right balance between lawyer, business partner, and risk manager.
As a lawyer, you provide on-point, logical and actionable advice, and deliver legal solutions that enable the achievement of Ziglu’s growth objectives. As a business partner, you work collaboratively and cross-functionally, providing guidance and support to enable other teams to execute at pace. In risk manager mode, you guide the business through the complex legal and regulatory landscape, and strike the right but sometimes delicate balance between risk-taking and control.
In turn we will provide you with some of the most complex legal and regulatory challenges that come with working in a fast-moving Fintech in scale-up mode, looking to ‘do money differently’.
You should apply if you:
- have around 6+ (and at least 4) years’ experience working in financial services from a regulated e-money / payment services or financial services institution, either with a FinTech or a investment management firm - or from a law firm supporting these kinds of businesses
- have good knowledge of EMD/EMRs, PSD2/PSRs and MiFID II and broader financial services regulation including some exposure to legal and compliance issues for crypto asset services (FATF, MLD5/MLRs, MiCA, various FCA/HMT consultations etc.)
- are highly collaborative, able to provide effective challenge whilst building strong, respectful relationships with colleagues and maintaining a business mindset
- are adept at providing pragmatic and actionable advice, working directly with and alongside business teams, in a business partnering environment, exercise good commercial judgement, and able to navigate a sometimes difficult tightrope between risk and compliance
- are comfortable with ambiguity, working in a fast-paced start-up environment and, effortlessly acting autonomously, handling multiple complex projects, setting appropriate priorities and delivering results efficiently
- have first class written and verbal communication skills enabling you to influence and communicate with impact
- are motivated to be part of a team building and growing a Fintech business that is disrupting financial services
- Provide strategic legal and regulatory advice in order to structure, deliver, market and continue to develop our product roadmap across crypto, payments and investments and enable us to scale in the UK, across the EEA and internationally
- Support our international expansion in ensuring we meet local legal and regulatory requirements for delivery of our product suite and design and build a playbooks that enable us to scale efficiently
- Horizon scanning and navigating the business through implementation of regulatory and policy change, particularly in relation to crypto asset services in the UK, EEA, US and other key international jurisdictions
- Risk-spot and proactively identify legal solutions that act as a control to eliminate or mitigate risk and take a lead in defining and owning the legal and regulatory risk decision-making framework of our product governance
- Engage external counsel and manage them effectively and synthesise, delivering actionable internal advice
- Ensure we have in place terms and conditions for our customers which are fit for purpose as the business and product suite develops and we expand internationally
- Possibility of stock options
- 25 days holiday
- Subsided healthcare protection
- Remote first