At Flylance, we have fun doing what we love by providing superb experience, speed, quality, and cost. We empower our Flylancers to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we provide incredible service and experiences that empower us to think outside the box.
Check us out at www.flylance.com
You will be reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Engineer is responsible for supporting the business’s systems and services. This includes desktops, servers, storage, network, infrastructure applications, security, telephony, and related services. The IT Engineer is responsible for the entire lifecycle from planning to development to operations and optimization.
The role is critical to support core business functions and services. Continuous improvement is an essential quality for the position. This contract is 6 to 9 months in length.
- Serving as the first point of contact for multiple IT arenas (systems, storage, network, services, telephony, and security).
- Overall desktop support (automate onboarding of new hires, JumpCloud, Google Workspace, networking, troubleshooting)
- Support global user base in onboarding, access, system-related issue
- Maintain and update ticketing the system with status on issues
- Develop, update, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and standards
- Ensures operational success for core systems and services
- Provide shared responsibility for onsite support of corporate systems, storage, network, and related applications
- Responds to systems and services outages and other service-related activities
- Provides technical expertise and support to fellow technical staff throughout the company
- 2 to 5 years of relevant IT experience in working with onsite and remote personnel as well as local and remote offices
- Technical knowledge of network switches, routers, AP, WLC, firewalls, VoIP, VMWare ESXi, Free/TrueNAS, Google Cloud
- Strong technical knowledge of and experience working with Linux, Microsoft Windows, and Apple environments
- Knowledge of Anti-Virus software (i.e., Sophos, etc.)
- Bonus: Experience with Python, PowerShell, Bash, Mikrotik
- Discipline to work remotely and communicate clearly
- Strong desire to expand expertise through continuous learning