We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to work on a consumer-facing app for one of the UK's most trusted and most used financial brands. You will be responsible for translating the product vision into the UI and interactions that bring new value to an established and discerning customer base. This is a rare opportunity to work on a project for a household name with an enormous reach.
xDesign is an award-winning digital transformation and software agency in Edinburgh. We are a dynamic and energetic team, who ourselves on working closely and collaboratively with clients. We craft intuitive user experiences and valuable products across a wide range of industries, technologies, and clients – including Heineken, Visit Scotland, Tesco Bank, and many more.
Our reputation as a partner determined to deliver high-quality, robust and thoughtful digital products has enabled us to scale to over 80 people in the last couple of years.
You will be working as part of an Agile team striving for an MVP release by the end of the year. There will be a significant design task upfront and the opportunity to demonstrate leadership to the rest of the team. You’ll need to be comfortable getting up to productive speed quickly on a complex project. At this level, you will need the work rate and quality that comes with many years of experience on projects of similar gravitas.
As a member of our growing team, you’ll bring a mix of strong product design experience, design-thinking, design-system knowledge, expertise, and innovation. You’ll balance a rigorous user-centric perspective with business needs. You'll be able to make bold, evidence-based decisions and move the product forward in a fast-paced development environment.
You’ll value collaboration and consistency across teams, working closely with other designers, product managers and engineers (local & distributed) to build great experiences. Engagement with the senior leadership team will not phase you, and you will be comfortable with fast-paced work and delivering to deadline.
If this sounds like a fit for you, you will most likely have:
- Expertise in consumer facing product design, user interface design, interaction, visual and motion design, storytelling, and prototyping
- Experience of designing native apps
- Lots of experience designing elegant, polished and delightful consumer-facing UIs
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems and componentisation
- The ability to tackle complex problems, whilst identifying and mitigating risks
- Proven expertise in the user-centred design process
- A bias towards documentation
- Great communication, collaboration and presentation skills, including the ability to explain your ideas clearly and persuasively to non-designers, especially senior executives
- Ability to multitask and prioritise – knowing when to be biased for action, and when to be considered and slow things down
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Skilled in Figma
- Motion graphics
- Experience mentoring others
- Agency experience
- An understanding of design patterns for behavioural change
- A good understanding of design as it relates to business
- Variety - the chance to work with a wide range of clients from start-ups to big name brands
- A dynamic and energetic environment
- Personal development and progression plans
- 32 days holiday a year (inc Bank Holidays, which incidentally you’re free to take whenever your want)
- A Macbook Pro and other top tech to help you
- Regular social events (Covid permitting!)
- A competitive salary
- YuLife employee benefits
- And lots more!
This position would be suitable for UK based REMOTE workers.
Think this is for you? Get in touch for a confidential chat about how you can become part of the team.
How to apply
To apply, send us your portfolio of case studies. This should demonstrate your strengths as a designer and how you have been involved in the projects presented. Please send this along with an up-to-date CV and a cover letter explaining why you want to join xDesign and why you think you’d be a good fit for this role.