We’ve got an exciting opportunity for you to support a growing team of talented software engineers, facilitate technical initiatives and improve your management skills.
Do you have experience in managing the performance and development of technical staff? Do you have an empathetic leadership style with a focus on coaching each person to help grow their career and skills? If so, we’ve got a great role for you to stretch your wings and see what you’re really capable of.
We are always looking to try new approaches, libraries and architectures to stay on the cutting edge. Our developers work as part of project teams but also regularly collaborate in communities of practice to discuss how we can improve and share knowledge. We also have a structured progression framework to support development plans and career growth for each person within engineering.
Due to the ongoing pandemic we’ve had to get creative to ensure our staff are supported and rewarded. Staff wellbeing is high on our agenda, we have a running club, and regular active challenges with prizes for the winner. We also run social events such as murder mystery nights, online escape rooms, bingo and we also host online hobby evenings every Wednesday for those that are interested.
We care about hiring great people so you’ll be working with a team that cares. We support each other with problems, push each other to get better and celebrate success together.
Developers, testers, product owners, project managers and designers all collaborate as equals on projects to make the best product possible. Every day’s progress is a communal effort and you’ll be a valued member of the team.
We use a variety of technologies to develop our solutions. We utilise standard best practices of pull requests, automated unit/UI testing, build pipelines and care about having a high standard of engineering quality.
- Coaching and supporting the growth of around 8-10 Engineers through regular 1-2-1s and ongoing personal development plans
- Driving the technical success of projects. Although you will not be responsible for directly developing features you will be helping developers define technical solutions, be pushing forward technical discussions and making sure everything is on track.
- Liaising with clients to discuss their technical vision and supporting our teams in providing the best possible solution
- Working with engineers to facilitate, drive and support technical initiatives across the business
- Being an active part of the engineering management group to collectively tackle challenges encountered, plan resourcing and improve our technical and people management best practices
- Facilitating engineering interviews alongside our senior engineers
- A strong technical background developing either Backend / Frontend / native Mobile applications
- Experience managing the performance and development of engineers and using coaching techniques to support their growth
- Experience overseeing the technical success of mobile projects including working with other non-engineering colleagues (such as product owners and designers)
- Experience facilitating and guiding technical initiatives with cross-functional technical teams
- Variety - the chance to work with a wide range of clients from start-ups to big name brands
- A dynamic and energetic environment (we know how to work hard but have fun at the same time)
- Personal development and progression plans
- 32 days holiday a year (inc Bank Holidays, which incidentally you’re free to take whenever your want)
- A Macbook Pro and other top tech to help you
- Regular social events (Covid permitting!)
- A competitive salary
- YuLife employee benefits
- And lots more!
This position would be suitable for UK based REMOTE workers.
Think this is for you? Get in touch for a confidential chat about how you can become part of the team.