Speechify is the easiest way to listen to the world’s information. Articles on the web, documents in the cloud, books on your phone — we absorb the world’s content and help our members listen to it on the go, at their own speed, with tools that make learning easier, deeper, and faster.
Or, put another way: what Spotify has done for audio entertainment we’re doing for audio information. And whatever we’re doing seems to be working: we’re #1 in our category, profitable, and have hockey-stick growth.
Product at Speechify is exciting for a few reasons:
- We have a vision that allows for a lot of creative exploration.
- What does a future where people consume all information through audio look like? How do we create this future?
- We have “life changing” product market fit.
- We have multiple cohorts of users (disabilities, students, working professionals) that report life changing experiences.
- We move very fast
- We run a large number of experiments every week and we ship multiple times every week.
- We are very focused on customers
- We start from concrete user problems and build systems to maintain very high levels of user empathy.
- We care about deep thinking
- We get to the right answers through careful thought and experimentation and we enjoy diving into the details.
As a Product Manager working on Mobile, you will solve concrete user pain points with the goal of helping people consume information using Speechify’s Android app. You will also be responsible for delivering magical, seamless and pervasive listening experiences that create cohesive product experiences for our users.
Some of the things you will do:
- Craft short-term and long-term mobile product vision that delights users and inspires Eng teams
- Develop mobile-first workflows and features that solve problems for customers
- Prioritize and allocate resources against a variety of projects touching many product and business teams across Speechify
- Work in close collaboration with marketing, engineering and design
To succeed here, you’ll need:
- 3-5+ years of mobile design experience, some of which specifically on the Android platform
- Demonstrated track record of successfully driving mobile results
- Proven ability to bring simplicity and measurable results to complex, ambiguous situations
- Excellent communication skills, detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to follow through on several complex projects simultaneously
- Experience designing mobile apps with millions of end users (a plus)
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment at a rapidly evolving organization
- A fast-growing environment where you can help shape the company and the product
- An entrepreneurial crew that supports risk, intuition and hustle
- A hands-off approach so you can focus and do your best work
- The opportunity to make an impact in a transformative industry
- A competitive salary, a collegiate atmosphere and a commitment to building a great asynchronous culture
Think you’re suited for this job? Tell us about yourself, why you're interested in the role, and include links to your portfolio and LinkedIn.
Not looking but know someone ideal for the role? Refer them! We’ll send you (really good) chocolate if we make the hire.