WeTravel (www.wetravel.com) is an online fintech payment platform that transforms travel companies' finances, communication, and marketing from a lot of manual paperwork to digital. We are a VC-backed company, bringing together a diverse and highly motivated team.
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and under represented groups and would actively invite you to apply. We believe a diverse workforce is a highly productive one, so take a chance, send us your application even if you don't meet all our requirements, we may surprise you!
We've asked our current Customer Support manager to come up with the description for this role. Helen will be moving to a new role within the company, and will be happy to help with a handover to the successful person.
This will also be a remote first role, although we may ask you to come to Amsterdam to meet the team initially and from time to time.
- Look after the team (weekly 1-on-1s, monitoring and reporting our performance metrics, communicating with management and different departments so our department is in the loop)
- Talk to customers and solve their problems with our software and processes through email and chat
- Report bugs to our product team
- Verify the identity and legitimacy of new WeTravel users
- Create and update help materials for our clients to teach about new feature
- Configure the support automation that is on our website (our bots and automatic messaging)
- Send out product updates to our clients
- Design our support processes and tools in a way that make the team's work efficient and could provide insights to the sales and product team when needed
- Be in the loop about our product - what's already available, what is being built and what will not be built. Communicate about it to our customers.
- Problem solving ability. That's the most important and also the most vague. Clients come with different questions and feedback. You need to be creative and always find a solution, that's why our clients love us. 99% there's always a workaround. And if there isn't you should know how to communicate that.
- Design, control and monitor processes. Make sure that they are up to the standard you have set and that the problems clients face are solved in a timely and polite manner.
- Empower your team with knowledge and tools, hire the right people who know how to communicate and solve problems. The rest will work itself out.
- Basic team management - make sure you have staff available during your working hours, try to find coverage on holidays, etc.
- Advanced team management - grow and coach your team. Find their strengths and weaknesses and try to encourage them to be better at what they do every day.
- Excellent communication skills, empathy, great grammar. Our team is friendly, helpful and transparent.
- Needs to have experience with US customers and experience in the software industry. Or just a really good and quick learner!
- Needs to be patient, know how to prioritize, but also needs to know how move things along
What could this person do in the future:
- Improve our support by introducing phone support and/or even better AI support.
- Grow the team to be international (24/7 support availability - we haven't provided that yet).
- Grow the team in numbers and keep the high standard of support and CSAT that we currently have.
- Define the role of the department in the matrix of sales - account management - support - marketing. Work with other heads of departments to figure this out.
- Improve processes as the scale of the software that we support constantly increases.
- Bring on new technology to the support stack for cost and time savings and for a better experience for our customers.
We're looking for someone who is creative, patient, and loves to problem solve. Needs to mostly understand the business side and a bit about software. Ambition to grow and scale and background in phone support.
- Attractive compensation
- Share Options
- Great team retreats (usually close to a beach)
- Beautiful office in the centre of Amsterdam
- Relocation potentially available – to Amsterdam
- Sponsorship potentially available – in Amsterdam