Tripscout is the world’s largest platform of travel recommendations from local experts. We are building the go-to resource for the modern traveler to plan trips and be entertained by travel every day. We are an early-stage startup that’s growing quickly and funded by some of the world’s leading venture capital firms. The Tripscout mobile app is consistently ranked as a Top 5 content app and the #1 ranked trip planner in the AppStore.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to solve some of travels biggest consumer pain-points and lead our efforts to create a product that is valuable, beautiful, and highly usable.
- You’ll work across the entire product lifecycle, from customer discovery, to prototyping, to usability testing, through UI and interaction design.
- You’ll be a partner in finding product-market fit; developing experiments, dissecting feedback, and analyzing data.
- You’ll be the eye for quality and consistency in our product and steer our design system, guiding principles, and cross-functional workflow.
- You’ll mentor design team members, oversee consultants/freelancers, and be the voice of design to stakeholders across the company.
We value diverse and non-traditional backgrounds – and not all of these are must haves – so please take the leap to get in touch, even if you don’t feel you meet all criteria!
- A jack-of-all-trades, master-of-some. We are a small team and design is an enormous discipline, in the areas where you are not a true expert you’ll still need to be comfortable setting the strategy and expectations while overseeing the work of others.
- Passion for creating cross-platform, consumer products that will grow to impact millions of users, with experience in spaces such as travel bookings, e-commerce, content, or social media.
- Deep experience in native application design, especially Human Interface Guidelines.
- Experience designing for scale with the ability to adapt to the realities of third party content, external services, and inconsistent data (travel can be messy!)
- Understanding of the latest strategies and design patterns that drive engagement, retention, and transactions.
- Ability to create clear design documentation, work closely with developers during implementation, and thrive in highly iterative process.
- We’re a fully remote team which means you’re able to communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you’re explaining design decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
- You understand when work is better, together. You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals, and you care about learning, growing, and helping others to do the same.
- You have interests outside of technology, such as in art, history, or the obvious for us — TRAVEL!
- Flexible working hours – because we care about results over face time and know that everyone has different life situations and productivity habits
- Generous paid time off including vacation and family sick leave – because every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family
- Paid parental leave for both parents and a flexible return to work program – because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention
- Stock options in the company – because we want everyone joining us on the journey to be an owner, both in mindset and reality
- Monthly reimbursement for a percentage of your healthcare premiums – because your physical and mental health are a priority
- Optional team offsite trips (post-pandemic) – because in-person connection and shared experiences matter for a remote company. We work hard and need to take time to step back, have some fun, and think strategically about what we’re building and why. Past off-sites include Budapest, Saigon, Cairo, and Sydney