We believe our politics are skewed against the interests of most Americans. We’re working to move the country in a more progressive direction by empowering the best candidates and organizations to run their best campaigns, even on a tight budget.
Deck is a product that gives Democratic campaigns and progressive organizations of all sizes access to personalized targeting and planning resources, so they can run the most effective outreach and advertising campaigns possible.
- We have an opinion. Our product is strictly for Democratic campaigns and progressive organizations.
- We are transparent. The world of political analysis and tech is rife with overblown promises, opaque pricing, and lack of accountability. We hold ourselves to a higher standard.
- We value diversity. We'll need to collectively bring a range of lived experiences and backgrounds to meet the needs of the candidates and advocacy organizations we intend to serve.
- We will run a disciplined and focused business. We aim to establish a business that is financially sustainable and whose products and roadmap are fully aligned with our mission. Our investors share our mission and understand that it takes precedence over the more typical business metrics.
- We believe in the power of a small but mighty team. A team of passionate, independent, multi-talented builders can have more impact than much larger teams.
The person in this role will:
- Own our ambitious internal goals for growth, sales, and impact.
- Assist in the development of the sales plan and manage the sales pipeline.
- Prepare forecast and KPI reporting for use in organizational planning, forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning.
- Build repeatable and scalable sales processes.
- Develop sales pitch and materials.
- Negotiate and close deals.
- Represent Deck throughout the progressive ecosystem — explaining what our products do, sharing our latest findings, and identifying new opportunities for collaboration with other organizations.
- Build and maintain relationships with all of our partners — including our users, vendors, integration partners, and distribution partners — to drive adoption of our products, understand how they're being used, and identify new use cases for our products and data.
Deck is a remote organization. We will hire the best people from anywhere in the country and support a remote working environment that is flexible, transparent, and trusting. Occasional travel to conferences and in-person meetings will be required.
The salary for this role will be $150,000 per year. (However, if you're more comfortable with a lower base salary and a commission/bonus structure, we're open to working that out!) Deck offers a 401k, full health and dental coverage (including for family members), 20 days of annual PTO, 10 days of annual sick leave, 30 days of annual medical leave, and 20 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
While we have no strict requirements for this role, we're generally looking for candidates with:
- At least several years experience in the broader progressive ecosystem
- An ability to explain technical ideas to nontechnical audiences
- A patient and collaborative attitude