People are a brand's best marketing channel — both the medium and the message in modern marketing. Having grown up in political and social advocacy, we specialize in socially conscious campaigns for companies, causes, and candidates. Our approach combines technology developed with DARPA that identifies messages audiences already believe with a delivery system powered by a network of 6.3M micro influencers and content-creators. We're seeking a Junior Designer to join our fast-growing team.
Our intelligence system tracks opportunities to shift public discourse and then outputs messages and content to change the outcome. Our leadership and approach have received coverage in Vanity Fair, POLITICO, and the Washington Post. We work with leading progressive organizations and socially-conscious brands, including Fair Fight Action, Planned Parenthood, Sesame Workshop, and US Bank.
About the Position:
We are looking for a Junior Designer to create engaging and on-brand graphics and brand assets for a variety of media. You will work closely with our business development and editorial teams.
Junior Designer responsibilities include:
- Conceptualizing visuals based on requirements
- Designing Pitch and Client Decks (Google Slides, etc)
- Creating images and layouts by hand or using design software
- Develop illustrations, logos,social media graphics, and other designs using software or by hand
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and consistently on-brand across all of our channels, monitoring for consistency
- 1-2 years proven graphic designing experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Confident with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Ability to adapt brand guidelines across marketing assets and other collateral.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus
The ideal candidate has 1-2 years of experience designing a multitude of asserts in an agency or campaign environment. This position works closely with both the editorial and business development teams.
This position is fully remote and contract-based, offering a starting salary of $30/hour for an average of 25 hours per week.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to contribute ideas that meaningfully affect the company's development. On a daily basis, you will solve interesting and critical problems, make a difference on issues of national importance, and work with a team driven by passion, mission, and mutual respect.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.