Panion is the future of community building.
We believe that deeper connections begin with common experiences and shared goals & values. We’re determined to empower community builders and leaders to connect people through shared ideas, conversations, and activities.
By giving Creators and Community Managers an all-in-one tool to manage, grow, and monetize their communities, we can create a world of more meaningful connection. We're always looking for talented humans who are interested in building the future of community with us.
As a Product Manager you will help us evolve our software through successive and iterative stages of discovery, definition, development, launch, and post-release support. You will closely collaborate with developers, designers, and other team members (such as those handling business, legal/compliance, and operations) to ensure that our product goals balance the needs of external clients and internal stakeholders.
You will own the product management of Panion's mobile and web products and be continuously improving the product management process from discovery to delivery. You will be an advocate for a product mindset across the company, balancing business needs with technical decisions and constraints.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and a focus on customer success. You should always be 3 steps ahead when it comes to envisioning our product roadmap and managing the prioritization and delegation of tasks to the relevant players involved in design, development, testing, and revisions.
- Work with developers and designers to design, improve and deliver features
- Own, prioritize, and maintain the development team’s product backlog, including the definition of features, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Shape the product roadmap and team objectives based on the validated customer needs
- Prioritize ruthlessly, maintaining a laser focus on work that drives improvement on product KPIs
- Track weekly stats to help us maintain an overview of our growth to help make better product decisions
- Analyze data to determine if shipped features and experiments had the desired impact
- Recognize themes and overarching big initiatives based on the company strategy and incorporate them into the product roadmap, continually fine-tuning our product strategy.
- Research innovative solutions based on your deep understanding of the domain, staying up to date on competitors and their products.
- Oversee quality testing and release planning
- Plan releases and coordinate with the developers, design team, and marketing team for a holistic approach.
- Review, accept, and prioritize feedback and new requirements from project stakeholders
- 1-3 years of product management experience
- Familiarity with the startup environment
- Experience driving projects that involve external customer facing web technologies (familiarity with API development, mobile first design, and 3rd party integrations is a plus)
- Strong analytical skills, with a data-driven approach to decision making
- The interpersonal skills to navigate complex challenges by aligning internal and external stakeholders on a common goal
- The ability to handle deadlines and the occasional stressful situation (we are a startup!)
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Notion, Airtable, Jira, Slack
- General knowledge of both Android and iOS eco-systems and knowledge of UX/UI standards (familiar with Apple and Android design principles and interface guidelines)
- Experience with scrum and task delegation
- The ability to speak and write fluent English, other languages a plus but not required
- Someone who takes initiative and problem solves independently, you learn by doing
- Organized and able to maintain a high level view, while at the same time being detail-oriented
- Someone who embraces our values
- Capable of turning ambiguity into action, and driving meaningful change in a fast-paced environment
- A great communicator who loves to coordinate between teams, setting realistic expectations with the ability to converse at both a technical and business level
- Someone who believes in testing, testing, and more testing
- Able to gather complicated requirements from customers and turn them into simple solutions
- Operational, someone who doesn't just strategize but knows how to execute
You will get
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, passionate, diverse team of people in a fun remote environment that promotes work/life balance
- The potential for a lot of growth
- The potential for equity in the company (we believe in co-creation and co-ownership)
- The flexibility of working remotely
- Money (of course!)
Our evaluation criteria
For this role will be:
- Structured thinking and communication
- Understanding of the different components of the product development process
- Experience as Product Manager
- Proactive and solution-oriented
- Experience with the startup world and ways of working
How to Apply
- Include the role's title in your subject line
- Tell us why you are interested in working for Panion and why you think you'd be a good fit
- Send links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done
- Share an emoji that best defines you! 😎 🦄 🌈 🤠 😻
P.S. Did someone share this post with you? Tell us who so we can tell them how grateful we are for connecting us!
Talk soon, The Panion Team