AllHere is a seed-stage EdTech startup dedicated supporting students and families across their K-12 journey. As a startup experiencing rapid growth in all areas of our business, we need a multi-talented Senior Product Manager who can drive rapid development and maturation of our offerings.
The right person for this position is someone who has a bias for action, can tradeoff between competing priorities, keeps customers at the center of every decision. S/he will be able to take in lots of information quickly, contribute to the evolving vision of AllHere in the market, and drive execution. S/he will thrive on opportunities to understand and solve problems for our customers through product, and may be called on give presentations, join conference calls, and engage with customers who may be less than delighted. S/he will need to be agile, cross-functional, and able to successfully partner with engineering to drive rapid development, release high quality software, and relentlessly drive for delivery.
We know this is a tall order—so is helping students and families get the resources and support they need to succeed in school. Students' success at school has lifelong implications. Our nation's children deserve better. All Here exists to address these problems; the Senior Product Manager will be vital part of delivering solutions.
About the Role:
The Senior Product manager will be primarily responsible for work across three core categories:
- Driving the execution of urgent customer priorities by elaborating and grooming a well-specified body of work in partnership with engineering to deliver value to customers in each software release, aligning that work to achieving longer term goals articulated on the roadmap. This includes managing (specifying, reviewing, and approving) UX designs, writing clear acceptance criteria, and supporting QA in testing.
- Collaborating cross-functionally across key stakeholders (success, engineering, operations, marketing and sales) to ensure customer-centric prioritization of features, stories, and defects.
- Building a strong perspective on and advocacy for customer needs through direct engagement in a variety of methods: qualitative/quantitative research, A/B testing, customer interviews and support engagements.
- Serve in a Technical Product Management capacity for our SaaS platform
- Understand customer and user needs to define product requirements for new features
- Break down market needs and capabilities into incremental MVP feature sets. Translate features into epics and user stories for one or more engineering teams.
- Partner with the Engineering team to define, track and test user stories in an Agile software development life cycle. Own and maintain Agile ceremonies (Standup, Retrospectives, Grooming) to ensure alignment and clarity on work to be done/delivered.
- Help coordinate releases, develop timelines, and oversee development of new product concepts
- Develop documentation (release notes) and conduct webinars to coincide with releases.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with peers, customers, and business partners
- Stay up-to-date on and assess our competitors
- Be mission and commitment driven. Prioritize execution above conversation and delivery of good over waiting for great.
- Think critically and innovatively about how best to achieve our mission and advocate relentlessly for better ways to do it
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5-10+ years' experience working in Software-as-a-Service product management role
- Experience with Agile highly desired. Experience with JIRA preferred.
- Experience in complex data integrations
- Highly effective communicator, both written and verbal; ability to effectively interact with engineering, customers and stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree