CALSTART has an immediate three-month paid internship opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our Innovative Mobility team. The IM team focuses on bridging last-mile connections for both the movement of people and goods. Projects include developing a multi-modal transportation plan for high school students, managing last-mile delivery research and feasibility study, and being the prime of the equity-focused Clean Mobility Options Voucher Pilot Program (CMO). CMO provides voucher-based funding for zero-emission carsharing, carpooling/vanpooling, bike-sharing/scooter-sharing, innovative transit services, and ride-on-demand services in California's historically underserved communities. The program has $21.15 million available in 2020. CMO is funded by California Climate Investments (CCI), a statewide initiative that puts billions of Cap-and-Trade dollars to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, strengthen the economy, and improve public health and the environment—particularly in underserved communities.
The intern will support developing communications and outreach materials, pitching CMO press releases, designing and updating website pages, and creating, editing, and curating a portfolio of collateral materials to be used for outreach and at off-sites and meetings with CARB/CEC.
In addition, the intern will
- Assist with creating and revising templates and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Develop resources and tools to support capacity building in historically underserved communities and tribes
- Support voucher processing team, as needed on an ad hoc basis
- Provide meaningful, pointed, and specific feedback on improving engagement with historically underserved communities and tribes throughout the state of California
CALSTART‘s mission is to improve air quality, combat climate change, strengthen the economy, and create jobs by growing the clean transportation technology industry. With more than 28 years of experience, CALSTART is recognized nationally and internationally as an industry catalyst. CALSTART's member organizations are diverse and include, among others, Tesla Motors, UPS, Ford, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Kenworth, General Motors, Southern California Gas, and Southern California Edison. CALSTART focuses on four major initiatives: cars, trucks (including non-road vehicles), bus/mobility, and fuels/infrastructure. CALSTART is a national organization with offices in several states. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting society and the environment, you should consider working for CALSTART.
- Completed a least three years of accredited college/university level coursework pursuing a bachelor's degree or higher in Communications, Graphic Design, Web Design, UX/UI Design, Marketing, or other related fields
- Knowledge of clean transportation with a strong desire to learn more about innovative mobility options
- High level of competence using Google Suite, Adobe InDesign, Canva, Wordpress, MailChimp or similar programs
- Experience in HTML coding, responsive design, Information Architecture
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and project management abilities
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency in communications project management across various stages of development and implementation
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders and audiences
- Ability to work independently in a remote work environment
- Minimum commitment of 20 hrs/week
- Transportation justice, clean transportation, public transportation, and/or climate experience
- Bi-lingual: Spanish fluency
- Experience and/or interest in equity-focused volunteer, community organizing and engagement work
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.