FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
FireEye is seeking a Technical Instructor to join our Customer Success Team. The Technical Instructor will serve as a subject matter expert for courseware development, as well as a trainer/instructor on all of FireEye’s product related training such as Alerts Analysis and Forensics Fundamentals. The audience is FireEye Customers, Partners, as well as FireEye Sales Engineers and technical staff. The successful candidate will work with a sense of purpose and urgency, have the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines, and demonstrate keen attention to detail resulting in the delivery of high-quality work products.
What You Will Do:
- Deliver technical courses on FireEye products and forensics
- Work with Instructional Designers to produce high quality interactive course material and lab exercises
- Identify and implement technical classroom delivery improvements based on student evaluations
- Provide product feedback through reports and systems to our Development and Sales organizations based on classroom observations
- Provide feedback and assistance in the creation or update of course material
- Remain current on new product features and messaging to include in the delivery of courses
- Assist with virtual Training lab management
- 5+ years of relevant technical training experience
- Experience in an analytical role of either network forensics analyst, or security engineer
- Experience with cyber security as it relates to:
- Intrusion Detection, advanced computer exploitation methodologies and security threat remediation
- Security solutions, tools and technologies, including packet trace analysis, proxy technologies, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS) and analysis tools such as Encase
- Firewall, VPN, IDS and related network security design and implementation
- Strong endpoint security experience, including network design, implementation, and management
- Experience with Internet messaging protocols (TCP, IP, SMTP, POP, IMAP)
- One or more of the following technical certifications is preferred: GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or other, in an incident handling environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including being able to interact with senior executives
- Ability to travel up to 50%
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: $85,000. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)