Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
The Vice President of Revenue for the West Coast will manage a team of highly-focused Account Executives in the strategic accounts vertical building territories, planning and driving revenue, adoption and market penetration. The ideal candidate possesses a technical sales background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO, IT architect and software developer levels. You should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory and vertical plans and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets. Looking for a strong people manager that can build, mentor and hold their team accountable to their goals.
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Drive new business volume via sound operating plan
- Accountable for developing and leading the West Coast sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth and meeting or exceeding Fastly’s sales goals
- Define sales force structure and hire and develop and mentor sales staff
- Effectively deliver the Fastly company story, value proposition, regional strategy and product demonstrations
- Develop and execute a comprehensive account/territory business plan to drive revenue and market share in a defined territory
- Lead Sales Director’s management by conducting regular territory reviews account management for closed accounts to seek additional revenue opportunities
- Develop long-term strategic relationships positioning with key strategic accounts
- Leading all aspects of the sales cycle including: prospecting, sales campaign/meetings, negotiation close, account management
- 10 years sales experience, 5 years management experience, and Director or VP level management role at least once for a minimum of 3 years
- Proven experience leading and developing Sales teams to deliver consistent performance and outstanding customer relationships
- Be a positive example upholding Fastly business policies and practices
- Direct field experience and extensive customer network within Enterprise, Fortune 1000 and large multi-divisional/multinational companies
- Experience with video streaming technologies and content delivery network services, ad insertion and digital marketing, interactive services, digital rights management (DRM), content management, web analytics, website performance, cloud storage, mobile content delivery, security or managed web hosting is desired
- Strong ability to close sales, run accurate pipeline and forecast within salesforce.com CRM
- Independent, self-disciplined and possess strong verbal and written communications skills.
- BA/BS degree preferred, MBA a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.