Sendle builds shipping that is good for the world. We help small businesses thrive by making package delivery simple, reliable and affordable. We’re a B Corp and the first 100% carbon neutral delivery services in Australia and United States, where we harness major courier networks to create a delivery service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
Sendle is a fast-growing business with bold ambitions, a team full of passion, a team of self-confessed nerds. Our work has an impact; by powering eCommerce logistics, our software is helping real-world small businesses deliver real parcels to their customers, and do so 100% carbon neutrally.
This is an opportunity to work in a high-growth, culture centred startup with a solid foundation and be part of an amazing team. We seek a passionate leader to build and execute the partnership and expansion strategy in the North American region.
What you’ll do
- Build new partnerships as a driver of revenue and growth for Sendle - your role will be to lead all partnership development activities - from the exploratory phase to the launch and the expansion of Sendle through demand partners in the region.
- Our partners serve as a great source of customers and invaluable industry insights that helps Sendle achieve significant growth and a deeper understanding of its strategy - you will represent Sendle, lead and execute the partnership strategy and track partner performance
- Own all the regional partnership development targets and goals and will be responsible for identifying, engaging and negotiating commercial partnerships.
- Sendle is a rapidly growing business with lots of evolving parts that will often require you to get things done for the partner at various operational levels. No task is too big or small.
- Managing internal stakeholders with updates, progression and development of partner plans and relationships, educating and garnering support from across the whole organisation
- Once a new partner is onboarded by the Partnerships team, the nature of engagement shifts from ‘marketing to the partner’ to ‘marketing through the partner’ - you will understand the partner strategy and objective deeply and your role will include supporting the Partnership and Marketing teams to grow the partner’s business with Sendle and ensure the partner’s long-term success with Sendle.
- A series of tools, content and budget will be available to you within the partnership framework with which you can develop new partnerships, you will improve and maximise the use of these tools in partner development.
What you’ll need
- Well-honed stakeholder management and relationship building skills and a standout track record of key account management and enterprise business development
- Superior commercial acumen, negotiation and communication skills to engage internal and external senior executives
- The ability to build compelling presentations, analyze reports and make a strong argument for your ideas
- Self-discipline in managing your partner development pipeline, writing and updating strategy documents
- Operational excellence in planning, project management, prioritizing and multitasking
- A deep understanding of eCommerce, technology and shipping will be highly advantageous
- You value collaboration as much as we do, are humble enough to listen, yet confident enough to ask questions and participate in the debate of ideas.
- Enjoy a minimum viable process and you look for ways to improve, save time and do things smarter.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changeable environment, enjoy taking on new experiences and overcoming complex challenges in first-time conditions.
What we’re offering
- A chance to do the best work of your career working with world-class eCommerce platforms and a collaborative team
- A generous personal development budget
- You are able to create your own work environment, connecting to a digital and geographically dispersed team
- Options through participation in Sendle’s ESOP
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak the truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
- High-Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’re excited to hear from you!