We’re looking for an experienced product manager to join Save My Exams as Head of Product.
The role is a unique opportunity to lead product at a fast-growing, bootstrapped and profitable Edtech company. In a few short years, Save My Exams has grown to over 28,000 subscribers by building an exceptional product that our users love.
We have big plans to build on this strong foundation and, as Head of Product, you will play a pivotal role in our mission to make revision easier for millions of students across the globe.
As Head of Product and the first member of the product team, you will own the Save My Exams product and will work directly with the CEO and COO on product strategy and longer-term vision.
The position is full-time.
To love and succeed in this role, you:
- Are a self-starter who loves taking the initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion.
- Enjoy the challenge of making fast-paced decisions with imperfect information.
- Are excited to solve problems that impact millions of students all over the world
- Are happy working on tasks of all sizes - from funnel optimisations to new product strategy to building a product team.
- Take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work.
- Enjoy working as part of a cross-functional team.
- Don't take critical feedback personally. You welcome and embrace critical feedback as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Are excited to be a key member of a dynamic, remote company and taking responsibility in areas both inside and outside of the product.
- Own company-level KPIs including NPS, revenue, and subscriber growth.
- Scope & prioritise projects based on customer and business needs.
- Build, communicate, and deliver on a compelling product roadmap.
- Develop a data-informed measurement framework and culture of fast-paced experimentation.
- Hire, manage, and lead a world-class product team to deliver continuous product growth & improvement.
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager (or similar)
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product from ideation through to release and optimisation
- Proven analytical & decision-making skills - both data-informed & intuition-informed
- Proactive & tenacious approach to identifying and solving problems
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of setting & delivering clear goals
- Able to iterate & ship ideas quickly
- Able to keep complex ideas & features simple
- Self-motivated and able to work independently & remotely
- Have worked at a startup with fewer than 20 employees
- Taken a product from £1m to £10m ARR
- Product experience at a B2C, high volume, subscription-based or Edtech business
- Technical/Development experience
- Experience hiring & managing a product/development team
- UI / UX with the ability to create wireframes & mockups
- Solid understanding of SEO basics
- Previous remote work experience
- Familiarity with Agile framework
Working for a fast-growing, bootstrapped education company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice.
Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and opportunities.
Here’s what we offer:
- Competitive annual salary: depending on experience & skills.
- Uncapped cash bonus: from 0-300%+ of base salary, depending on performance.
- Pension contribution
- 1 Month Paid Sabbatical: take a one month paid sabbatical for every 3 years you’re with Save My Exams. This is in addition to your annual holiday allowance.
- Remote working: work from your home or wherever you want! We’re UK based but our team is spread out all over the world – including the UK, US, Portugal, India and more.
- Reasonable hours: we don’t expect (or want) you to spend every waking hour at work. We want you to be able to operate at your peak for the long term.
- Control over your time: choose to work where and when you’re most productive.
- Independence: you will have true ownership and autonomy over the day to day operations of the company.
- Learning & Growth: We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- Impact: Solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a real difference to the lives of millions of students and teachers.
- Amazing team: we’re a diverse, talented and friendly group who love what we do.
- Leadership: you’ll join the leadership team, working directly with the COO and CEO.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks!
Here’s an overview of our hiring process, so that you know what to expect:
- Application form
Save My Exams is an online education platform dedicated to helping students achieve better grades in their exams. We support millions of students, tutors and teachers all over the world by making studying easier and more enjoyable.
We launched our platform in 2017 and since then we have grown to over 28,000 subscribers. Our growth has been driven by an exceptional product that our users love, which is why we get reviews like this:
“In my graduation speech, I’m saying 'thank you to Save My Exams for teaching me the things my teachers didn't!”
We’re immensely proud to have helped so many students at such an important point in their lives and we’re super excited to continue finding new and innovative ways to help them further.