Givebutter is the world's fastest-growing online fundraising platform. More than 30,000 good causes – from youth groups to the world's largest charities – raise over $100 million annually using Givebutter’s modern forms, campaigns, and event technology.
The company was founded in 2016 out of a dorm room in Washington, DC, and has since grown into a fully-remote team with employees in eight different states. The company’s co-founders, Max Friedman and Liran Cohen, built and bootstrapped the original concept for Givebutter, and still operate the company as CEO and CTO today. In 2020, Givebutter was awarded the #1 Highest Rated Fundraising Software on G2 Crowd, the world’s leading software review platform, ahead of 223 competitors.
We are looking for a hard-working individual to join our company as a product engineer. This role will involve designing, building, deploying, and maintaining production code across several Givebutter products. As a full stack engineer, you'll have direct responsibility over the experience our customers have on a daily basis.
Liran Cohen is the CTO of Givebutter and will be working with you on a daily basis. Currently, Liran fills most engineering functions across the company. You'll also be working with Liran to design, engineer, and deploy code in a production environment. You'll also be working with Max, our CEO and our customer success team to understand and implement feedback from our customers.
- Design, build, and deploy Givebutter's fundraising products (i.e. givebutter.com/fundraise, givebutter.com/collect, etc...)
- Work with our Customer Success team to find customer pain-points and feature requests that can be solved in our product
- Improve engineering standards, deployment infrastructure, performance, testing, and code quality
- Strong experience in Laravel and PHP
- Experience building robust frontend experiences (Tailwind CSS a plus)
- Experience working with REST API’s, code packages, deployment tools
- Experience turning ideas and mockups into well-executed code
- Track record of deploying apps at scale with easily maintainable code
- Design experience is a plus
- Experience building user-facing products
- Remote Work: Work from anywhere in the United States.
- Health Insurance: We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance covered 100% for employees.
- Stock Option Plan: We offer meaningful equity in the company to all early employees.
- Vacation and Holiday: 15 days paid vacation time to start plus additional days per year with the company. We also take off all 10+ Federal Holidays and 2 floating holidays.
- Team Retreats: Team trips each year to meet and work in person as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Discretionary Budget: We provide elective reimbursements for home office expenses, charitable donations on Givebutter, and more.
- Training and Development: Take part in department and company-wide training and development.
- Love What You Do: We are a mission-driven company serving the charitable sector. Feel good about the work you're doing and the company you work for.