Kasa is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is well priced, trustworthy, and that offers a large selection of great locations. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments, and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote guest experience team is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is always felt, though rarely seen.
Behind the scenes, we build technology that combines with our innovative operations to grow a globally scalable offering that delivers high-quality stays. Our products and systems unlock unparalleled flexibility to operate anywhere from a few Kasa to a few hundred Kasas in any type of building, in just about any location. We currently have Kasas in over 17 states and are expanding into new markets all the time.
All of this is made possible by our team members, each of whom plays a critical role in fulfilling our vision and mission. We strive to foster a culture that values feedback, support, and collaboration throughout the organization. As a remote-first company, we work hard to bridge the gap of distance through initiatives that foster connection across Kasa. A few examples include lively All-Hands meetings, department get-togethers (online and in-person), and teamwide celebrations of important milestones. We offer benefits that encourage team members to stay at Kasa properties to experience our product firsthand and meet local team members when nearby. Guests are crucial to Kasa’s mission. Accordingly, every new Kasa team member gets trained in our Guest Experience Akademy during their onboarding.
Our team is fortunate to have diverse backgrounds, personalities, and experiences united by a commitment to excellence and passion for our industry. If Kasa’s vision and culture speak to you, and you’re up for the challenge of building a company on the cutting edge of real estate, we would love to have you on our team!
This role is fully remote, we set a location because some job boards require it.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work with our Core Product Team, responsible for supporting our operations with internal web applications and tools. The team's main focus is our property management system.
Just a couple examples of what we've built so far:
- Integration with numerous 3rd party booking channel
- A guest and reservation management interface
- IoT device management, micro-service integrations
Our Product & Engineering team is split between San Francisco and Hungary. Our engineers have diverse backgrounds in hospitality, consulting, real estate, and technology. Everyone joined Kasa because they are passionate about building a platform that delivers value to landlords and serves guests seeking trustworthy, well-priced accommodations in great locations. We run an agile 2-week sprint development process and consider a strong culture-add not just a fit, but a requirement. Our team is comprised of four pods:
- KFC (Kasa Financials and Channels): building the data and financial platform to power our operations & technology at scale
- Kontrol: building an industry defining property management system
- External: creating seamless digital experiences for guests
- Access and IoT: enabling stress-free check-ins and comfortable stays to with technology
Like any Software Engineer, there is no ‘typical day’. Before the day gets rolling we like to start by syncing with our coworkers in the form of stand-ups or other agile ceremonies like grooming and planning. The rest of the day tends to be free-form and highly dependent on your responsibilities for the day. You'll have your individual tasks as well as collaborate over Zoom with a team of designers, PMs and engineers to resolve complex business problems.
Overall, you are expected to uphold and improve on our high engineering standards. You will not only hone your software engineering skills, but also collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to understand business problems, gather requirements, and design technical solutions. We hope you’re excited by the challenges in developing the future of hospitality tech!
- 6+ years of software engineering experience, with at least 3+ years in a senior role.
- Ability to operate without establishes process or extensive guidance. Our engineers take on full ownership of the product areas they are working on and are fully empowered and required to make decisions across the stack.
- Strong working knowledge of web application frameworks, especially node.js
- Experience deploying and maintaining cloud-based web applications (AWS preferred)
- Professional experience with relational and non-relational database technologies - MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, Dynamodb
- Experience with serverless based architectures
- Experience with agile methodologies and rapid iteration cycles
- You have a strong EQ, and are able to generate deep empathy with guests and operating team members which enables you to truly listen and implement product feedback
- You are able and excited to travel 1-2x per quarter to San Francisco or Hungary
- Experience in a dynamic early-stage startup environment
- You have a passion for hospitality, travel, and/or adventure
- Improved our code quality by writing elegant, well-tested, readable, and maintainable code
- Extended our property management system with solid features and capabilities
- Investigated and introduced open source technologies that allow us to grow and scale for the future
- 🌏 Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- ✈ Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- 🙌 Flexible PTO: Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it's not disruptive to their work
- 💲 Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
Kasa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.