We are a digital healthcare company specialized in building AI systems to monitor people’s health. Since 2013, we have been making beautifully designed wearables, software platforms and tools, and advanced algorithms, unlocking better health outcomes for thousands of people.
Our customers range from some of the world’s largest institutions to individual users who message us every day and tell us how our products changed their lives. Our newest wearable, EmbracePlus, is sponsored by NASA and will be used to monitor the health of the astronauts onboard the first ever manned mission to Mars. Pharmaceutical companies are using our research platform to fast-track the development of new treatments, while hundreds of academic researchers publish new discoveries on human behavior weekly, all made possible by our E4 smartband and software tools.
And we just partnered with the US’ Department of Health and Human Services to accelerate the release our wearable COVID-19 early detection system.
If you are looking to join a fast-paced growth environment and do meaningful work that can really make a change in people’s lives, keep reading.
In the Cloud team, we need to handle high volumes of data (Terabytes per day) that is collected by our wearables, and is then processed and served to our clients in order to help them out for research, analysis, and more. This could be data collected during a clinical trial, that needs to be constantly accessible by researchers via our Research Portal to understand the effectiveness of their treatment, or the vital signs of hundreds of patients who are being monitored by their doctor using Empatica Care.
As a Cloud Software Engineer you will be responsible for improving our cloud infrastructure, by designing, building and maintaining a scalable, reliable, and secure architecture, capable of supporting both the consumer and the research ecosystem. This is an exciting time to join the team, as you’ll get to work on some of our newest products, such as EmbracePlus and Empatica Care.
You’ll be working closely with a team of Cloud, Fullstack, and Software Engineers, alongside Data Scientists and Product Managers: our stack features some of the most exciting technologies out there (Kubernetes, EKS and Terraform, languages like Golang and Python, and a wild number of AWS services).
This is more than just a coding role. You'll have the chance to use your expertise and knowledge to craft the architecture of the platform we're building, and its evolution.
In addition, working together with other software engineers you will:
- Design, build, test, and scale our API infrastructure
- Simplify our deployment procedure for multiple products
- Build and maintain a scalable data analysis pipeline
- Define mid and long term plans for scaling and monitoring the technological stack
You are the ideal person for this job if:
- You have prior experience as a Cloud/DevOps/Infrastructure engineer, preferably in AWS and/or GCP/Azure (2+ years)
- You are familiar with logging and monitoring technologies
- You have worked with large scale environments
- You are knowledgable about Continuous Integration pipelines (like CodeBuild, CircleCI, Travis, Jenkins)
- You are experienced with Hadoop ecosystem tools (like Spark/Kafka/HDFS/YARN)
You and Empatica would be a perfect match if you are:
- A very quick learner
- Fun and easy to work with
- A hard-worker and collaborative
- A doer, with an excellent execution mindset
- Proficient in English (mother tongue is highly appreciated)
- An outstanding planner, with excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Focused on quality and excellence
- Flexible in terms of working time and ability to travel
- A problem-solving hustler who can take on any big or small project
- Passionate about our products and our mission
You will join a fast-growing, diverse team of 70+ brilliantly talented humans, who care passionately about what we do and the difference we are making in the world. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with engineers, data scientists, and designers, across all levels of the organization.
At Empatica, we believe in a work environment that fosters autonomy, mastery, and purpose. We also believe in flexibility, so you will have the opportunity to work remotely in this position.
All you need to do is show us that you have skills and that you are a team player. Once you join our team as a Cloud Engineer, you will have full control of your schedule and can decide when you'll work from the comfort of your home or when you'll prefer to mingle with your awesome team members in the office.
If you jump on board, we can guarantee it won't be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
- Highly competitive salary
- We have offices in Milan City Center and Downtown Boston. And every summer, we hold an amazing beach retreat in Sardinia, Italy
- Free lunch - yes, being in Italy, it's something you should care about!
- Organic fresh fruit
- Your personal MacBook
- Flexible working hours
- Free, superior Italian coffee - of course
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...
- At Empatica, we support the personal and professional growth of our employees. Beyond the above, you’ll have the possibility to attend conferences, receive dedicated training, and participate in activities relevant to where you want your career to go.