Imagine what you can do to drive innovation in healthcare
WellSky is seeking a Team Lead to join our team in Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative group building our next generation solutions that help the most vulnerable members of society lead safe, enriching, and meaningful lives. We are on a mission to elevate personal wellbeing through superior analytics, processes, and engineering. Be a part of transforming the healthcare and wellness industry! Our users are Care Givers, Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers, Chaplains, Administrators, and many others on the front lines of improving outcomes of care. WellSky engineers touch the lives of real people navigating life and death issues with the support of our solutions. We seek to build purpose-driven teams where comradery and compassion are coupled with a dogged pursuit of excellence. Bring passion, creativity and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
A day in the life!
Your day will be:
- Analyzes system requirements or specifications, translates them into actionable work units for the team to conceptualize and develop high quality software using the established coding standards and development best practices
- Mentors, teaches, guides, and improves the productivity of other Software Engineers.
- Conducts system analysis and proof of concepts, with limited architect and/or leadership involvement, to determine best design or solution
- Researches and recommends software tools/frameworks/products and/or emerging technologies as needed for a solution
- Leads and/or creates architecture and/or design as needed to meet the requirements, integrate disparate systems or manage changing technologies
- Enforces the development of unit tests, automated tests and performance tests as needed to ensure quality, supporting general debugging and isolating areas for improvement. Captures and analyzes performance test metrics and provides operational documentation
- Reviews appropriate documentation such as implementation manuals, support manuals/playbooks, performance testing guidelines, etc. as needed to run/support the software
Do you have what it takes?
So, let’s talk about you. Are you a self-starting, upbeat individual with solid written and interpersonal skill, who is an excellent teammate, but not afraid to question assumptions and take initiative? Do you believe in automating everything that can be? Do you challenge yourself and those around you to be the best – and enjoy others challenging you in the same way? You will apply innovative methods to develop core SaaS solutions fueled with object-oriented design practices for the Human & Social Services product suite. To be successful in this role, you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment while maintaining good communication and camaraderie with team members.
- 5-7+ years’ experience in software design and development and/or demonstration of equivalent experience
- Prior team lead experience
- Some professional experience implementing microservices
- Experience working with cloud technologies - AWS or Azure.
- Work in an environment using ALM tools such as Jira or Azure DevOps(TFS/VSTS)
- Source control with Git/GitHub
Do you stand above the rest?
- Experience with Containers, Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with terraform and/or Helm
- Professional experience running software in the cloud
- Developing software used by tens or hundreds of thousands of daily users
- Creating and maintaining fully automated deployments in Azure Devops Pipelines
- Load testing and optimizing solutions used by real people
- Leveraging Splunk, Honeycomb, and New Relic to improve products
- Using scrum to improve work processes
Who We Are:
- We have an open environment where highly motivated, ambitious engineers can help drive innovation.
- We include a diverse group of collaborative & super intelligent teammates to work with and learn from.
- We constantly strive to solve large scale challenges with a variety of technologies.
- We strongly support a work/life balance.
- We believe in giving recognition for doing what you enjoy.
WellSky is a leading supplier of software and services solutions that help acute, post-acute, and human service providers improve efficiency, support business growth, and provide intelligent care to patients and people in need. WellSky is headquartered in Overland Park, KS with 1,800 teammates across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world - including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, in-home care agencies, post-acute care facilities, government agencies, and human services organizations. WellSky's software and services address the continuum of health and social care - helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve touch challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. Informed by 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers' needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care's potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.