“There are NO Limits” is our motto. We are a fast paced, high growth company. We seek people who have the passion and drive to build, create, and take ownership of their role.
Dalstrong is an international kitchen knife, and cookware e-commerce company based in Canada with a team that is 100% remote and distributed around the world.
We sell through many channels including Amazon (globally) and our web site in the US, Canada and the UK. Majority of our customers are in the US however, we have increasing brand awareness in Canada and Europe, and some presence in Australia and the Middle East.
You can find out more about the company here https://dalstrong.com/.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
- Complete month end, quarter end and the year-end financial close processes accurately and based on timelines set
- Manage all accounting operations including all treasury and general accounting functions and implement efficiencies and automate repetitive functions as needed
- Work closely with finance, marketing and operations teams during financial month end close to ensure adequate completeness, accuracy, timeliness, accessibility and consistency to company policies and IFRS / GAAP
- Develop, strengthen and execute internal control procedures to ensure that company assets are adequately protected and dual approvals are taken based on signature of authority
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial / cash flow forecasts and report variances
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings; ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Certified Public Accounting Certificate (CPA)
- 7+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Detailed knowledge of GAAP, financial reporting and accounting requirements
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Demonstrated experience implementing best practices and internal controls
- Experience with creating financial statements and managing month end close process
- Experience with Netsuite or other ERP systems
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Experience working with external auditors, third-party vendors