Accelo is looking for an experienced QA Functional Tester with skills and passion in manual testing, and an interest in automated testing, to join our Quality Assurance team. If you've got an eye for detail, are organised and have the ability to communicate issues clearly with the wider engineering and product teams, we'd love to hear from you.
Founded in Wollongong, Accelo is a venture-backed SaaS company with over 100 staff across 3 locations - Wollongong, Denver and San Francisco. Our mission is to help service businesses succeed. Our clients are folks like digital agencies, engineers and consultants, and our leading business automation tool allows them to spend less time managing their work so they have more time doing the work they love. With so much of that work now remote, Accelo helps teams collaborate and master remote work by providing a single place to track and manage work.
- We choose to Care and Serve.
- We have Drive and Integrity.
- We seek Fulfillment through our work.
About the Role
- In this role you'll join one of our Scrum teams, working with developers and our product team to create elegant product features and improvements.
- You'll work closely with your team to understand requirements, either formulating your own test plans or guiding others to create great test plans ensuring requirements are met.
- You'll help maintain both automated UI tests and API tests, often collaborating with other members of our QA team.
- You'll be testing work manually, both ensuring requirements are met, and also that any change is intuitive and consistent.
- In this role you'll be the quality advocate within your team and will always be looking for ways to proactively improve quality in your team and generally in our wider QA function.
- Experience working in the testing space for software development
- Good knowledge of software QA methodologies and processes
- Knowledge and experience of Agile & Scrum ways of working. Experience working with Jira would be great as well.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium or Katalon
- Great attention to detail and critical thinking when it comes to testing, with the desire to collaborate directly with developers to create great outcomes
- Motivation to thoroughly test new and improved features
- A general interest and basic understanding of code
- A user-oriented focus on testing new and improved features, with an ability to identify inconsistencies in both the UI/UX and functionality in general.
- A good understanding of the different types of testing
Why you’ll love it here
- Centrally located office with great access via public transport, amazing view and fun office culture.
- Our secure and recently renovated office building has a shower, and bike cage for any exercise enthusiasts.
- Flexible working hours and conditions.
- Many office perks, including a coffee bar, fully stocked kitchen, ping pong, darts, and regular visits from some furry friends.
- We regularly attend conferences and community events, both as participants and as contributors.
- We’re a big part of the “Siligong” community and proud of it.
- Take a peek into our office: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4EzIpnfvTU
How to Apply
Share your resume and a cover letter that lets us know who you are and why you’re a great fit for us. All documents should be in PDF format.
A few things to note about the role and application process:
- We’re an equal opportunity employer, and warmly welcome diversity in our team.
- Our office has reopened and our team are all working part time remote and part time in the office. We’re open to chatting to the right person about specifics, but ideally would love someone who is able to work from our Wollongong office at least 2-3 days per week.
- You must have the right to work in Australia; sponsorship is not available for this role.