Risk Strategies is a top national specialty insurance brokerage and risk management firm assisting organizations and individuals to simplify the process of protecting assets, offering benefits and minimizing liability. With over 115 offices and 2,400 employees across the US & Canada, we thrive on our passion to be ranked a Best Places to Work since 2018 by our most important asset, our employees. For 2020, Risk Strategies was named 6th Fastest Growing Firm, 12th Largest Personal Lines Broker, 11th largest privately-held P&C Broker and the 16th largest US Broker by Insurance Journal.
The Director of Operations (DO) in cooperation with Business Leaders is accountable for providing the operational support and infrastructure necessary to support the insurance, underwriting, actuarial, reinsurance and TPA business units internally and externally with Clients, Business Partners, and corporately within One 80/RSC.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Management of policy forms and related compliance
- Creation of fulfillment documents and the direction & oversight of our partners’ management of fulfillment processes
- Oversight of partners’ promotional content & advertising compliance
- Receipt of premium and claim transactional data from business partners and the integration into company systems
- Timely and accurate payment of fees and premiums to business partners and carriers
- Auditing the records and the financial & business controls of business partners
- Achieving regulatory and corporate compliance with corporate operations, clients, business partners, insurers and reinsurers
- Setting and executing our internal and external strategy with One80 corporate and Client interfaces
- New product and service innovation with our executive leadership team
- Establishing strategic plans for the organization with our executive leadership team and One80/RSC
- Bachelors’ degree required
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience in an Operations leadership position
- Demonstrated success leading development of data systems and business applications that involve high levels of collaboration
- Organized approach to planning, project management, process management
- Successful experience leading operational and creative teams to work together effectively in building and executing business objectives.
- Knowledge of US and global leisure travel insurance, travel medical insurance, travel assistance including product development, travel insurance regulation, and distribution methodologies.
- Recent experience managing technology teams, data collection and reporting requirements for sales, underwriting, insurers and financial users
- General working knowledge of the full spectrum of delivering products and services to Client organizations including producer contracting, licensing, product development, underwriting, rating, quoting, sales, policy fulfillment, TPA and reinsurance operations