Softheon is looking for a skilled Head of UX to lead the facilitation of product experience creation with compelling and creative experiences that strike a balance between the consumers’ intent and the needs of the business. The Head of UX is responsible for optimizing the consumers’ experience as a whole, through collaboration, mentorship, and knowledge sharing of their expertise in conceptualizing, designing, and creating first-class product experiences for consumers.
In this role, you will play a strategic role in the hands-on alignment of the product’s road map with consumer and market needs, creating balanced and elegant product solutions amidst constraints in the product’s technical framework. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and engagement with stakeholders to effectively assist in the ground product marketing and product advocacy necessary to guide the consumers through the product experience and leading them to all the product’s key usability points.
Key Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Building, leading, and growing a highly collaborative team inclusive of UI/UX Designers and other product departments towards a unified vision
- Acting as a mentor for junior UX professionals, providing guidance and advice in the performance of their individual functions where necessary
- Forging and articulating the teams’ vision for consumer engagement through the production of an interesting and creative product
- Monitoring and driving the product from creation of design concepts to the final launch of the product, as well as post-launch monitoring and analysis
- Identifying and cultivating business opportunities in relation to the product
- Leading and responding to consumer requirements to improve product approaches and consumer experiences with the product
- Acting as an advocate of the product to the consumers
- Communicating cross-functionally with product management teams and critical business stakeholders to deliver product and departmental progress
- Delivering accurate and timely reports of product progress and performance
- Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 3.5 or higher, Research and Design related field preferred
- Master’s degree in a related field of study is preferred
- Certificates related to research and design required
- 5-7 years of work experience in a product industry
- Experience managing a team of junior level UX professionals is preferred
- Must have extensive knowledge of UX with experience running UX research and formulating UX questions
- Professional efficiency working with wireframing and prototyping tools, including but not limited to, Figma, Adobe XD, and Sketch
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly, interactively, and persuasively to all audiences
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform well in an agile and fast-paced environment
As a leading software development company, Softheon offers the decision to work remotely or in-office. Softheon earned multiple placements on the Inc. 5000 in recent years due to its rapid growth. Softheon’s rich benefits offerings include unlimited PTO, 401(k) matching, and 80% of health care premiums paid.
Founded in 2000, Softheon’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Business Process-as-a-Service (BPaaS) solutions solve complex challenges for health plans and government health agencies. Currently, Softheon’s solutions serve 8 State agencies and over 80 health plans.
Issuers and consumers utilizing Medicaid, Medicare, and the ACA Marketplace benefit from Softheon’s innovative technology that reduces administrative overhead and enhances user-experiences.
To find out more about Softheon please visit www.softheon.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Softheon does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Softheon employees or any other company location. Softheon is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.