Evisort is on a mission to change how companies interact with their most important legal documents, their incoming and outgoing contracts. The company was founded in 2016 out of Harvard Law and MIT research to develop artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms to help companies rapidly and accurately mine contracts for data. Evisort's AI understands meaning and context in legal language, virtually eliminating the need to screen contracts. Evisort helps companies to organize, understand, and extract data from their contracts. With Evisort, information locked away in documents becomes searchable, and key contract terms and important dates can be surfaced to the right people at the right time to accelerate legal review, reduce costs/risks and improve business compliance.
We are backed by some of the most prominent VCs with Microsoft being an investor in our last round of financing. Come join us and help us revolutionize a multibillion dollar industry.
The Role: Data Science Manager, NLP
Evisort’s Data Science team is at the core of its business. We are seeking a data science manager to join our team and help with delivering and expanding our AI-powered product, on its way to revolutionizing how organizations process their legal data and operate around it.
Location: San Mateo, CA or Remote in US and Canada
What You'll Do:
- Manage a team of data scientists and align their growth and career development objectives with company’s roadmap and OKRs, and continuously further the Data Science organization
- Be a hands-on manager who does not shy away from writing and/or reviewing code or data
- Collaborate with your team to effectively develop projects milestones and timelines and ensure timely and high quality delivery of said milestones.
- Effectively manage communications with stakeholders and work closely with software and business teams to build, integrate and deliver successful AI in a modern SaaS platform.
- Contribute to advancing NLP and its applications, and creating highly innovative products and customer experiences.
- Guide design, architecture, tooling and processes at the organization level
- 5+ years Machine Learning experience in industry as an individual contributor, startup experience is preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a data science manager of high performing teams, startup experience is preferred
- 2+ years working with deep learning in NLP as an individual contributor or as a manager
- Strong background in deep learning architectures (e.g., RNNs, CNNs, Transformers), and applications (e.g., Named Entity Recognition, Question Answering)
- Strong knowledge of Python and deep learning frameworks (e.g., Tensorflow, PyTorch) and strong attention to code quality
- Ability and motivation to stay up to date with the very fast-moving NLP space
- Ability to communicate results clearly to technical and non-technical audiences, and a focus on driving impact
Evisort is an E-verify employer. Your eligibility to work in the United States will be verified through the E-verify system if you apply and are selected for a position in the United States.