Founded in 2011, Genestack's mission is to accelerate precision medicine and discoveries in life sciences. Our technologies help organisations break down molecular and clinical data silos, enhance metadata quality, and democratise exploration of big multimodal data - genomics, transcriptomics, and many others.
Our headquarters are in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We have a large office in St. Petersburg, Russia and a growing presence in Boston, USA. We are a joint venture with JetBrains, a global leader in intelligent tools for software engineers. We are a fast-growing company with a solid client base, spanning from top-10 biopharma companies to the world's biggest and most advanced agriscience, consumer goods, and research organisations.
As we embrace the unprecedented era of big data, genomics, and AI/ML, you will play a pivotal role in integrating data and developing applications for enabling novel scientific insights. You will be working with scientists and domain experts across top life sciences organisations and create cutting-edge data science products.
A successful candidate will be resourceful, pragmatic, and a problem solver, demonstrating proficiency in data wrangling/analysis in Python/R. Experience in the biological data domain is not a prerequisite, but the willingness to learn and make impact in this space is essential. We are happy to consider both junior and intermediate level data scientists.
Your primary goals
- Collect and integrate data/metadata from private/public biological databases
- Develop interactive visual applications in R Shiny
- Develop AI/ML computational applications
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field with a foundation in data science
- Experience with data science technology stack: Python, R, Jupyter notebooks
- Familiarity with modern data science packages, e.g. pandas, tidyverse
Desired personal qualities
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Creative and critical thinking capabilities, self-motivated, and proactive
- Ability to discuss technical concepts and communicate effectively
We offer competitive compensation package, professional development and career growth opportunities. Our office is based in Cambridge, UK but we welcome candidates who are looking for a remote working option.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Genestack is expanding internationally, creating opportunities for individual career growth. Now is a great time to get involved. Learn more about our culture, values and the team at http://www.genestack.com/careers.