SoLo Funds is on a mission to help the millions of Americans that live paycheck to paycheck and can't survive a money crunch. Launched in 2018 as a unique and proprietary lending marketplace, today SoLo is the leading alternative financial solution providing the fastest loans available for borrowers and the opportunity for lenders to earn significant returns. We are a VC funded Fintech company backed by Techstars, and have partnerships with Visa and Kiva.
We are looking for a Director of Compliance to join our growing team and help transform the digital lending space. This person will design, implement, and optimize the SoLo Funds compliance program, partner with internal management and external legal counsel on compliance for cutting-edge fintech products, and lead and further develop a high performing compliance program that is execution focused and disciplined in approach.
What You'll Do
- Partner Manage, coordinate, and conduct periodic and annual reviews and risk assessments, and compliance policies and procedures
- Review and update existing policies and procedures in response to changes in the business or regulatory climate
- Lead projects relating to the enhancement of compliance policies and procedures, internal controls, and systems
- Manage and coordinate preparation of all adviser related regulatory filings (e.g., Form ADV, Form PF, Section 13 filings, Form D)
- Assess, analyze, and interpret, and provide guidance to business unit partners and stakeholders, on the application of regulations and policies to the entirety of the organization
- Help manage and coordinate compliance responses to internal audit findings, SOC 1 audits, and regulatory exams.
- Coordinate and prepare reporting packages for internal governance committees as well as SoLo Funds' Board of Directors.
- 8+ years of experience gained within regulated financial institutions, banks, e-commerce/fintech companies, or audit/consulting firms in the fields of compliance, risk management, internal controls, etc
- 2+ years in payments or MSB
- Strong management skills, with experience managing several team members and various functions.
- Expertise in BSA rules and regulations
- Strong presentation skills to manage diligence processes with our regulators and banks
- Experience with the development of governance, risk, and compliance programs
- Knowledge of the operations/requirements of various regulators overseeing the money services business (MSB) space, such as FinCEN, and myriad state-level financial MTL regulators
- Basic knowledge of UDAP, Electronic Funds Transfer Act - Regulation E (including pre-authorized transfers rules), Fair Credit Reporting Act, CAN-SPAM, TCPA, Right to Financial Privacy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information/Gramm Leach Bliley Act, California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act and NACHA.
- Experience in the FinTech, Lending, or Banking space
About SoLo Funds
SoLo is the leading alternative financial solution providing the fastest loan option to borrowers and option for lenders to obtain significant value. We're on a mission to provide the most intelligent (affordable + financially empowering) option for funds and banking services by leveraging the best technologies in the world.
Unlimited Vacation Time
Full Healthcare Benefits