Our client is seeking a Data Integration Specialist to join their Product team. The company provides an intelligent, comprehensive, and intuitive platform for ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) management. They help organizations develop and implement ESG initiatives that provide an imperative to attract and retain capital, accelerate sustainable and responsible growth, and mitigate enterprise risk.
The Data Integration Specialist's role is to model, map and execute all activities related to the integration of data across the company's technical landscape. This individual is responsible for monitoring the data flow between databases, applications, and cloud services, which includes troubleshooting issues, optimizing storage and compute resources, and identifying and implementing improvements.
- Lead in company data integrations with various systems that are utilized, including AWS, Mulesoft, PostgreSQL and/or Microsoft SQL.
- Coordinate and work with other technical staff to sync various database environments.
- Some database development and optimization.
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and leverage solutions.
- Analyze user requirements and based on findings, design functional specifications for client/server databases and integration applications.
- Manage some AWS components, such as EC2 and RDS.
- Design, test, and build integrations between systems.
- Leadership: Demonstrate initiative and an ownership mindset by identifying and initiating value-add opportunities, both internally and externally
- Problem Solving: Leverage strategic thinking and focus on root causes to constructively solve problems
- Effective Communication: Exhibit the ability to set and manage stakeholder expectations, along with the ability to communicate comprehensively and cohesively in written and verbal form
- Operational Understanding: Meet stakeholder needs through a strong grasp of processes, technology, and objective use of data
- Teamwork: Collaborate effectively with management and the entire Goby team
The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or a related major
- 2–4 years of relevant experience
- Direct experience in data integrations and technical project management
- Strong experience writing SQL queries, stored procedures, and views
- Strong experience with database platforms, including PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting cloud-based database applications (AWS)
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Health Care Coverage
- Paid Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Office amenities include foosball & ping pong tables and a private outdoor patio
- Building amenities include 24-hour door staff, a health club, and a golf simulator
- Remote or on-site at our office in downtown Chicago, IL
- This position is not eligible for H1B or other work visa sponsorships