Wagestream is the global leader in Earned Wage Access (EWA). We provide a platform for employers to give employees instant access to their earnings, and prevent them ever having to go into debt between pay cycles.
Our mission is to provide fair financial services to all and our technology has started to create a whole new category; the workplace bank.
We were founded for a social purpose to reduce the poverty premium. We believe the monthly pay cycle is fundamentally broken and unfair to employees, and that we can fix it. We know financial services are better served through the employer, and have built a set of tools [track, stream, save, learn], that boost the financial resilience of a workforce and have a measurable and proven impact on employee retention and productivity.
We love our clients and do everything we can to support them. We already help 750,000 employees access their income when they need it, across some of the largest organisations in the UK including the NHS, Bupa, Holland & Barrett, Stonegate Pubs and Rentokil.
This is a very dynamic role within the company where you'll have the chance to lead the data science function and deep dive into the way we look at our users behaviour. You’ll work primarily on behavioral and statistical analysis, building models to help us better understand our users and drive key business decisions.
Expect to work closely with all internal teams, particularly Product and Client Success! Lucky you!
You’ll be able to help shape our vision and processes as Wagestream continues to scale. You’ll also have a big opportunity to impact multiple facets of a growing business.
- Dive deep into how users use our suite of financial well-being tools through quantitative analysis, data segmentation and marketing attribution
- Understand user behaviours and long-term trends, identifying new levers to move key metrics and drive KPIs
- Influence product decisions and product launches through data-based recommendations (e.g. A/B tests)
- Work with engineers to implement data instrumentation
- Regularly communicate findings to stakeholders and rest of company
What experience would we expect you to have?
(But if you’re close… that’s still a conversation we would like to have!)
We are looking for a self-starter, focused on business impact, with demonstrated success in using data to driving business and product decisions
- 4+ years of experience as a data scientist, preferably in a product environment
- Excellent SQL skills
- Technical background and programming experience, especially in Python or R
- Applied statistical skills, e.g. distributions, statistical testing, regression
- Experience with anomaly detection and feature generation
- Experience conducting A/B experiments
- Experience working with stakeholders to gather requirements and understand needs
- A strong ability to communicate findings to non-technical stakeholders in a concise and engaging manner
We truly believe we have great benefits offering here in the UK Wagestream team, & we have tried to highlight everything here - if there is something you think we need to add - let us know!
- We will pay you what you're worth. We are fully committed to closing the gender pay gap, promoting diversity and inclusivity, and paying people what they deserve to be paid.
- We're a Remote First business - work from home or our London office - you choose!
- We will help you manage your busy lifestyle with flexible working opportunities, most of the team work "core hours" to allow touchpoints with your team, but we also make sure you have the time to pick the kids up at 3pm, or go for that mid-morning run to boost your productivity. We want you to have the best of both worlds.
- We offer 25 days annual leave in addition to public holidays (up to 5 day rollover), as well as flexible time off allowances for any ad-hoc childcare/family/caring needs.
- We offer 12 weeks paid maternity leave and up to 4 weeks paid paternity leave for employees with over 12 months service
- We will support you with your career endeavours. We are committed to internal progression, and offering our team members the best opportunities for growth. We want to invest in you the same way you're going to invest in us!
- We want you to invest in your future too, so we have a pension with Aviva - très chic!
- If you love cycling as much as we do, keep yourself physically fit with our Evans Cycles Ride to Work scheme
- And after a long weeks work, join us in undoing it all - with membership to The Wine Society. (They also do gin and beer!)
- We want everyone to achieve "zen mastery" with a free subscription to Calm — work can be stressful (we know!) and we want to help you switch off
- And the best benefit of all... Free access to Wagestream service - naturally!